Is it possible to dive Verde Island from Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cephalopod2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hoping for advice from seasoned Philippines divers.

I do not want to relocate to PG but would love to dive Verde Island.
An earlier thread seemed to suggest one could charter a bangka from Anilao (where I will be based) to dive Verde Isl.
I'm prepared to pay the charter costs and spend the extra time commuting, but would love to hear if anyone has managed this.

Any idea how long the travel time would be by boat?
Any suggestions on the best op to arrange this?
Would the Anilao guides be fine for Verde's currents (not sure they would dive there often)?
If you have managed this, it would be very helpful to hear who you dove with and (roughly) the cost.

Many thanks.

Never done that from Anilao but I am pretty sure it is possible.
How long would it take? Depend on the sea condition and the speed of the banca. It takes about 45-60 mins by banca from PG so you are looking around 2hrs each way.
The topography of the site means there is always the lee side from the current. Since you are diving from a reosrt in Anilao, I am sure they will get you someone who knows the place well.
I paid about P4,000.00 from PG(round trip). The best people to know the cost is the resort/dive operator where you stay.

It can be done but it is not very practical. I did it once way back. Someone took care of the arrangements so I'm not familiar with the logistics. But it will definitelyv be much more expensive in Anilao since you have to charter a boat and it is a longer trip whereas there are regular trips coming out of PG. The guides from PG are also more familiar with Verde. I think it was a two hour ride on rough seas in a small boat. I did it several times from the PG side and the experience was way better.

Sent from my Underwood typewriter

I did Verde from Anilao about 1 yr ago. It is totally doable and if my memory serves me it was only 90mins in a pretty small boat. It is more expensive, but rather than relocate to PG just for that I think you'll find it's worth it. If the weather is good it's an enjoyable trip, just bring food and water! It the weather was bad I'd be tempted not to bother.

Hi Cephalopod2. Yes, it is very possible..
In fact we do these trips on request from Buceo Anilao Beach & Dive Resort Home, for 3 dives and pack lunch. There is a surcharge for fuel to be divided among the divers and it can be done any time weather permits.
Takes less than 90 minutes travel per way. :wink:

Verde can be very conditions dependent, if you are only in Anilao for a short time it may be difficult...

I dived Verde last month, vis was down and water was cooler but still a great dive.

I was in PG Aug & December last year. I didn't dive Verde in Dec but did in Aug & diving/Vis was good. Been to Anilao many times and 90 mins would be my estimate too. Suggest stocking up on sea sickness tablets though.....Note I would do 3 dives at Verde rather than the 2 which is sometimes offered + the Washing Machine......

Hello Cephlaphod...

Yes it is totally doable... At Our resort we use fast boats out to Verde island... so the travel time is the same as the travel time from PG.. 45-60mins depending on the weather.

If you would like to know more.

Email me at marco.santos@aiyanar.com

If you have managed this, it would be very helpful to hear who you dove with and (roughly) the cost.
Two operators turned up but none was willing to share this bid of information! Business secret or what?

Back
Top Bottom