Hollis spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife has a pair of Hollis F2s and loves them. Her issue is that the spring straps on the med/large size that I bought her slip off her heel. Rather than buying her a new pair in a smaller size, can I simply replace the spring straps?

are there any fit issues with replacing her current straps with a smaller size fin strap?

i haven't read the whole thread but I've replaced the spring straps with third party springs on almost every set of spring strap fins I own, including F1s, F2s, two pair of DiveRite XTs and Jets fins, all with smaller springs, no problems at all. For me finding the lengths I required was the difficult task. They can, with some effort, be cut.

On my F2s the spring straps can be adjusted to be tighter, there are basically four "settings". Have you tried that yet? mine slipped off before I tightened it up to the middle tightness setting. Would love to hear what other spring straps work tho in case I need to replace them someday.

They are already on the tightest setting hence the need for smaller straps.

---------- Post added March 23rd, 2015 at 10:38 PM ----------

I was hoping someone from hollis would chime in. I'll just go ahead and order them and hoped for the best.

AFAIK hollis make two sizes 25cm and 29cm. I found a 26 to be perfect when on shortest holes. I have 6.5 feet.

---------- Post added March 24th, 2015 at 01:09 AM ----------

They are already on the tightest setting hence the need for smaller straps.

---------- Post added March 23rd, 2015 at 10:38 PM ----------

I was hoping someone from hollis would chime in. I'll just go ahead and order them and hoped for the best.

Good luck with that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom