scubapro mk26 information?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phishphood

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been searching google and the forums for a bit trying to find information about a ScubaPro mk26 reg set and whatever 2nd stage it came with usually. Not coming up with too much, mostly just Mk25/s600's and a few random posts mentioning the mk26. Any information or thoughts would be great. I'm currently using a mk10/g250 for rec diving the NE and California. If it's an upgrade I might consider it, but seeing as I have 3 mk10's and 2 g250's I might be loathe to change just for the sake of changing since it's nice just having the same repair kits. Thanks guys.

Or is it just a typo and there was never a mk26, only mk25?

I agree with Steve, it is a typo. The current top-end Scubapro model is the MK-25. Below is a list of the more popular Scubapro models.

Unbalanced pistons: MK-2, MK-2 plus, MK-3, MK-200

Balanced Pistons: MK-1, MK-5, MK-6, MK-7, MK-8, MK-9, MK-10, MK-10 plus, MK-X, MK-15, MK-20, MK-21, MK-25

Diaphragms: MK-11, MK-14, MK-16, MK-17, MK-18, MK-19 (Europe)

Currently I think only the MK-2 plus, MK-11, MK-17, MK-21, and MK-25 are available.

Last edited:
the newest model is the MK-21.... paired with the S560 & G260

If it's an upgrade I might consider it, but seeing as I have 3 mk10's and 2 g250's I might be loathe to change just for the sake of changing

Trust your feelings, it's not an upgrade. Theoretically the MK25 is higher performing than the MK10 but in actual use you'll never tell the difference. The G250 is still one of the best plastic 2nd stages they ever made. They stupidly retired it just so they could sell new models to repeat customers like you. Don't fall for it.

Trust your feelings, it's not an upgrade. Theoretically the MK25 is higher performing than the MK10 but in actual use you'll never tell the difference. The G250 is still one of the best plastic 2nd stages they ever made. They stupidly retired it just so they could sell new models to repeat customers like you. Don't fall for it.

I thought they(G250) are still available but under different brand!

Heh, they're not making a dime off me except service kits. Everything is used including this "mk26". I'll leave well enough alone then as I'll have 2xDin MK10's and 1x yoke for pony/travel use. I'm set! :)

Thanks everyone for all the help/chiming in.

Heh, they're not making a dime off me except service kits. Everything is used including this "mk26". I'll leave well enough alone then as I'll have 2xDin MK10's and 1x yoke for pony/travel use. I'm set! :)

Thanks everyone for all the help/chiming in.

Vintage double hose also sells the service kits: G-250 MK-10

I would not bother with an "upgrade". The "problem" that SP has created for themselves is that their older regs are too good and the newer ones are not really better so there is no point to upgrade. :)
I have MK25 with G250V and MK5 with 156 and I cannot tell the difference. My friend acquired MK17 with G260 and I cannot tell the difference either.
G250 is easy to rebuild and has parts available.

Back
Top Bottom