Fin Opinion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol gotta keep the peace, happy wife happy life. Ok I keep drifting back to the ones I posted the picture of first has anyone ever used these ? I know you shouldn't buy on looks that's why I'm looking for opinions on them.

And you can't kill jet fins, so even old ones are normally in "like-new" condition.

Is that based on your 25-99 dives of experience?

:D

The reason that I ask is that I managed to kill one pair of Jets in the course of ~950 dives over nine years:

image154.jpg

They were replaced by SP no questions asked, which I thought was great:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Until I killed the new pair within two weeks and 30 dives of receiving them:

image164.jpg

SP will be replacing those as well. Will have them in the next few days.

---------- Post added March 26th, 2015 at 05:56 PM ----------

I haven't been able to find an XL pair at a price I want to pay

I predict that you'll find a brand new pair on the SB Classified board in the next few days.

.......also see if you can find either the HOG tech or UTD fin as they are almost identical to each other, a bit softer, come with spring straps and are under $100.

I recently bought a non-branded pair with identical mold numbers and markings plus spring straps for $58.00. Haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Last edited:
I recently bought a non-branded pair with identical mold numbers and markings plus spring straps for $58.00. Haven't had a chance to try them yet.

That is an excellent deal but you need to watch out the rubber compound may be different. So they may not be just like jets.

That is an excellent deal but you need to watch out the rubber compound may be different. So they may not be just like jets.

The rubber is different, but they're not that much like Jets anyway. I'll get to compare them in a few days and, if I have an opinion.............

Edit: this looked out of context so I'll add the quote:
Ok I keep drifting back to the ones I posted the picture of first has anyone ever used these?

I'd say they bend at the toe too much for my taste. Doesn't matter much for proper flutter kick, but if I go wide e.g. trying to reorient myself I can bend them in half. On the plus side they're light -- as in travel-friendly. And cheap.

Is that based on your 25-99 dives of experience?

:D

The reason that I ask is that I managed to kill one pair of Jets in the course of ~950 dives over nine years:

image154.jpg

They were replaced by SP no questions asked, which I thought was great:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Until I killed the new pair within two weeks and 30 dives of receiving them:

image164.jpg

SP will be replacing those as well. Will have them in the next few days.

---------- Post added March 26th, 2015 at 05:56 PM ----------

I predict that you'll find a brand new pair on the SB Classified board in the next few days.

I have a pair that broke at the same place. I don't even know what I did to cause that. But I bought another pair from craigs for $40

There is nothing wrong with those fins.

You guys are just strong and powerful. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom