CocoView, the shore dive, the drop off- same dive over and over

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the extremely good fortune of going to CCV as my first real dive trip and buddying up with Doc on many occasions during that week. I learned all this first hand from him and it was some of the best advice I've gotten. I did 25+ dives while there which doubled my total at the time and while I'm up over who knows how many now it's still one of my favorite trips - even my non-diving wife LOVED it and we look forward to getting back there soon.

Great post Doc, great to know you're still passing along the knowledge! Thanks for sharing :)

Doc,

Thanks for the airline info and all the other great posts (this thread & others). I've copied & pasted them into a CCV tips document.

Boy you ain't kidding about being booked solid. I contacted them a week ago and asked what was available for 2 weeks in anytime in FEB through 1st two weeks of March. They had one room Feb 20 - Mar 5. That's one room available this far out - nearly a year. Unreal. I can't even begin looking for a flight yet because none of the airlines book that far out.

From where I'm at it looks like Delta is my best bet. Short flights(≈ 6-8 hrs) with one stop that's actually on the way and prices that aren't exhorbitant. Every other airline is 20-34 hours. Can't book yet - I think I'll be able to by mid-April.

And today I paid off our May 2015 trip.

Time to dig out the flip flops!

Great Post!!! I am selling my house right now, and it was nice to get away from that stress and imagine my May 16 dive trip to CCV. The only problem is I get American vacations, so I only have 1 week. Again, Thanks so much!

As usual, great post, Doc. You helped get our LDS to CCV a few years back for the first time (back once after that) and we chatted with Deb and Mitch last month at Our World Underwater about when we should come back. We took your advise and did our wall dives at different depths each time and loved it. I too took a few drop offs at the Price Albert. At 500 psi I hearded up the channel until I was in 2-3 feet of water. My tank was showing. I watched a barricuda swim across me for 15 minutes, from grass across the sand into grass and back again. When I went under 100 psi I inched up to shore and got out when I also ran out of water. Four years and Socorro, Philippines, Maldives and other trips later, I still remember that dive as one of my best.

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom