Dm5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggest you get DM3.1 and forget about DM5. Get much more info on DM3.1, and it actually works. One day Suunto will realise that diving is a bit different to running around the block. (moves count) I do transfer my dives into MacDive once downloaded, now that is an excellent program, and easy to transfer to DiveLog on iPhone. Haven't tried to download directly to MacDive, but I'm sure it is better than DM5. It absolutely amazes me that their is still a "to do" list, for basic functionality some 3 years after DM 5 was released!! Perhaps Suunto could employ the guy who wrote MacDive to get something functional out of the gate:) The only reason I still use DM3.1, is I have this weird fanscination with the nitrogen loading bar graph:headscratch:
Honestly DM5 has been a disaster from the get go, and it seems there are still "teething" problems years down the track. It is a pathetic effort and makes you wonder what Suunto are doing, or rather whose son they are employing.

---------- Post added March 16th, 2015 at 08:35 AM ----------

Sorry to answer the initial post I was fed up 3 years ago, and was just astounded to learn that there were still problems. Do yourself, your company and your customers a favour and look at MacDive and DiveLog, to see what a dive logging piece of software should look like and be able to do.
Take note of my signature!!

Question for Suunto or DM5 users:
- long time user of DM3: in that app I could change the .ini file and make DM3 look in a different file location for the data base file.
- DM5 has a user.config file that has XML entries, one of which is the location of the DM5 database file.
- I changed that user.config file to point to a new location. Started the app, made a minor change to a log entry, and closed.
- To my surpise, the old data base location was updated. Not only that, the user.config file now has reverted to the original data base file location.

I can live with this, but my 'C' drive is a small solid state drive and I prefer not to store user data on it. Suunto, how can I force my user.config to point to a new data base lcoation and stay that way?

Hi,
I understand your intention but unfortunately it is not possible to change the DB location. The log files a pretty small though and should not take up much space.

br, Hendrik

Last edited:
I just installed the DM5 and other required downloads on our new apple. The application opens and the Cobra 3 indicates that it is transferring the data, but no dives logged in the DM5 application. What do I need to do in order for this software to work?

Hi,
do you happen to have Suunto moveslink activated or Garmin drivers installed?

br, Hendrik

I am installing DM5 on a Mac. I am not sure if I was logged in moveslink at the time or not. I did not see a pop-up requesting that I install Garmin drivers.

Hi,
if installed moveslink needs to be deactivated. Garmin drivers are interfering with ours and would need to be uninstalled. We'll push another update soon in order to sort out more of these connection issues... Let me know if this shouldn't help

br Hendrik

Wow. Have just finished reviewing the threads about DM4 and DM5. What a disaster -- and Suunto seems to not think it has a problem.

There is a special deal for instructors on the D6i now. A really attractive price. But D6i is not compatible with DM3.1. The ability to download is worthless based on the difficulties and lack of features in these two versions compared to V3.1. Maybe the D6i deal isn't a deal after all.

Should probably stick with my old Vyper Air and DM3.1.......

Yet another lost sale.

Hi,
I understand your intention but unfortunately it is not possible to change the DB location. The log files a pretty small though and should not take up much space.

br, Hendrik
that's not only a question of space.
the idea to use a sqllite db located in the user profile is stupid.
if the computer is used by multiple users/accounts, each diver will have its own db, and it's become impossible to compare dives profils.

it's a pity than DM4 and DM5 do less than DM3.1
Really, why a todo list to recreate what was existing ?

In a lot of areas, "when it works, don't fix it"

As a lot of divers, i switched to SubSurface.

---------- Post added April 11th, 2015 at 01:36 PM ----------

Hi,
if installed moveslink needs to be deactivated. Garmin drivers are interfering with ours and would need to be uninstalled. We'll push another update soon in order to sort out more of these connection issues... Let me know if this shouldn't help

br Hendrik
nope.
it's not a Garmin problem.
it's a Suunto problem.
don't blame other people.

I have Garmin drivers on my laptop, and no conflict when using Subsurface or DM3.1.

Back
Top Bottom