Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Nitecore i4 will only charge 2 pieces of the larger 26650. You can charge 4 pieces of smaller batts.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

That is much more expensive than what is available on eBay 3000LM CREE XML U2 Diving 3 LED Flashlight Torch Lamp 150M Waterproof Camping | eBay

Please don't spam my posts with your links. If you have anything to add to the conversation that'd be great, but simply posting your ad is not welcome. I'd hate for anyone to get the idea that I am endorsing you in any way, because that is not the case.

As far as chargers, I use two of the i4s. Not super ideal, but gets the job done and I have a ton of 18650 lights too.

Maybe we need Enova charger ?

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Maybe we need Enova charger ?
从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

This charger is OK, but definitely not ideal. First, it uses another power brick adapter, kind of a bigger charge to begin with, then you have to bring along a separate adapter. Second, it charges quite slow, at about 600mA. For a 4000mAh batter, it takes 8-10 hours to fully charge. There just isn't a good 3x 26650 charger out there at this moment

---------- Post added April 5th, 2015 at 01:19 AM ----------

Where can get any decent o-rings for these?

The o-ring come with the light canister is quite decent

This charger is OK, but definitely not ideal. First, it uses another power brick adapter, kind of a bigger charge to begin with, then you have to bring along a separate adapter. Second, it charges quite slow, at about 600mA. For a 4000mAh batter, it takes 8-10 hours to fully charge. There just isn't a good 3x 26650 charger out there at this moment

After discussing on another forum, the best charging option for 3x26650 is to get 2 chargers. The XTAR SP2 and SP1 charge at 2.0A and would be 3 times faster than the Enova. I'm going to try the Enova first to see if it will be fast enough since lights would usually be charged overnight. If it's not, I will use the Enova for my other cells like 18650s and 14500s, and get a couple of XTARs dedicated for the 26650s.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

is it considered like button top?

View attachment 201015

i know keeppower 5200 are one of the best battery....

Those are flat tops. Button tops look like regular batteries you buy at the supermarket. i bought some like yours and they didn't work. i bought rare earth magnets to function as "buttons" but that messes up the magnetic switch.

If you bought those, buy two of these:

Flat Top Battery Adapter $2.49 | VAPE DEALS
madvapes-flat-top-battery-adapter-gotsmok-660x330.jpg

Here's a quick update. I decided to ignore my own advice and bought the light from eBay. I also bought some King Kong 26650s and the Enova charger. The first problem I encountered when I got everything was that the light would not turn on. I had fully charged the batteries (the Enova charger is pretty good, although slow) but got nothing. Each battery was measuring over 4 volts, but my meter read zero when testing the 3 of them in series. It turns out the wrapping of each battery overlaps the top by a hair, and that is enough to keep the low profile positive terminals from making contact. I trimmed the wrapping a little with a utility knife, got a full 13.2 volts measurement in series, loaded the batts into the light and presto, it worked. Looked very bright.

Step 2 was to try it under water. One of the tragedies of this light is that the switch is not on the lighthead. That means mounting the awkward extra long canister in a place where you can reach the switch, such as on your waist. Not the most comfortable, but I might live with it unless I could find another way. The light turned on fine on the surface. I entered the water and went down the line to the wreck. I was trying to turn it on along the way, but thought I just wasn't doing something right. So I concentrated completely on it at the bottom. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. It was a bright enough day, so I just went with a backup light and was fine. But I guess this is why we are supposed to do S-drills.

Back at home after rinsing everything, I tried the light again. Still nothing. I opened the canister. It was bone dry and the batteries tested fine. I would have to guess that either the switch or the light head flooded instantly on its first dive. I have read about both happening on another forum.

I have written to the seller and now it is time to see what kind of customer service there is. I am going back to my original advice. It is worth paying more for the same item if you can get it domestically and not have to deal with overseas returns. Also, the switch being on the canister is a very, very big drawback. I might have to try one of the Archon lights. Still the same awkwardly shaped canister taking 3-26650 cells, but at least the switch is on the lighthead so you can backmount or sidemount the canister.

I'll keep you posted.

... It turns out the wrapping of each battery overlaps the top by a hair, and that is enough to keep the low profile positive terminals from making contact. I trimmed the wrapping a little with a utility knife, got a full 13.2 volts measurement in series, loaded the batts into the light and presto, it worked. Looked very bright.

Probably you ordered flat-top batteries instead of button-top. Flat tops cannot be used in series without some kind of modification.
These, for example, are flat tops, it is written in the description:
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1263000-king-kong-icr26650-37v-4000mah-li-ion-rechargeable

Back
Top Bottom