Advice or tips on trip to Chuuk lagoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nuno A

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi.

In a couple of weeks will be going for one week to Chuuk Lagoon.

I´m looking for advice or tips not only on diving but also on things like clothes, money, drugs i should take with me, etc,etc.

Let´s say that i'm looking for all kind of advice on the matter that can be considerer important or relevant from people that has already been there.

Thank to you all in advance!!!

Well im waiting confirmation but the Blue Lagoon seems to be operating beside the storm

Hi. In a couple of weeks will be going for one week to Chuuk Lagoon. I´m looking for advice or tips not only on diving but also on things like clothes, money, drugs i should take with me, etc,etc. Let´s say that i'm looking for all kind of advice on the matter that can be considerer important or relevant from people that has already been there. Thank to you all in advance!!!

Below is a link to a thread about the typhoon including comments from people that were recently there or were heading there. You might find suggestions for contacting someone with more current information.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/th...s-chuuk-track-hit-yap-harder.html#post7376518

The local community is very 3rd Worldish for lack of a better or more politically correct term and the storm did not help. I recommend you take want you need and not rely on the local economy for anything. You might also think about what you can take and then leave for the locals...they would be very much appreciative of extra clothes, batteries, etc.

Back
Top Bottom