IDC internships?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatigre

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking into doing my IDC at some point and wanted to know if dive centers offered IDC internships to offset some of the costs? I don't mind doing it for a longer period (eg.1 month or more) than The normal 2 week IDC.

Thanks in advance!

Hey scubatigre :)

We have a dedicated website to our GoPRO internship programs: www.goidcasia.com

Check out the pages you find most relevant to the professional diver training you're wanting to achieve: IDC! :wink:

You'll also get a better idea of what goes on daily at our dive operations, (and our entire company, really!) when it comes to our internship candidates, through our various social media platforms, such as our blog; our facebook and twitter presence are really active as well!

When you e-mail our Sabah Travel Centre in Kota Kinabalu city centre you will receive a response within the next 24 hours – for real! :wink:

Hola Scuba tigre,
We have some different internships available through go pro costa rica as well. Have fun with your IDC!

Hello, I have been looking into this same thing as well. A couple things to consider that I have found helpful.

1) Compare the cost of living you will most likely incur while participating in the internship. While you may get a substantial reduction or in some cases free tuition(rare from what I have seen) the cost of living will offset the savings you gained by working through the internship and in some cases depending on your life style cost you more in the long run.
2) cost of transportation to and from the IDC location, this varies and could make the difference of a month or even two of living expenses in your budget.
3) Make sure your comfortable that the center will train you to the best level possible, for example if the IDC and internship looks to good to be true it may not be a very reputable operation and you could find trouble getting you foot in the door somewhere.

Just my opinions man, either way it will be diving and getting training for yourself. One last thing don't wait do it we only live once that we know of so do what you love. Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom