POLL: Do you regularly carry a emergency signaling device ?

Do you regularly carry an emergency signaling device ?

• No, or only in certain situations

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • Yes, only a safety sausage

Votes: 47 47.5%
  • Yes, a strobe or battery operated signaling device

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Yes, a safety sausage and a battery operated signaling device

Votes: 33 33.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carry SMB and light on every dive, can light on almost every dive. Carry emergency pocket containing: big yellow carter SMB, signaling mirror, Jotron strobe, storm whistle, spare spool, DiveAlert, LM 2w light, air horn and sun hat on all open ocean boat dives. Am considering buying a rescue streamer.

That's one big pocket!!

I didn't list a whistle because it's so small, there is no reason not to carry it.

Safety sausages, mirrors, lights are bulky. Trying to decide what and how to carry. I used to think a light was useless on a day dive, but if I were lost at sea and day turned to night, I'd want a light as a signal device.

Also thinking if conditions and locations should affect my decisions.

Last edited:
whistle always
light often
sausage occasionally

SMB/Spool and whistle always. Light often. I have yet to purchase a dive alert, although I have been considering it. It will remain in a pocket unless necessary.

Safety sausage, signal mirror, Fox 40 whistle,and I usually have a light with me to peek in crevices anyway.

I carry a 4-5' SMB with spool (38m of line) and an air horn on all dives.

My usual safety carry consists of:
DSMB and spool.
Dive Alert horn.
LED flashlight.

Would like get a Nautilus Lifeline at some point also.

Has anyone tried to use a whistle, they aren't worth S%*T.

I have yellow & orange SMB, 2 finger spools and a line more than my diving depth, Dye, PLB, Torch, Air horn, whistle, mirror

Had a Nautilus lifeline but thanks to United, its somewhere between Guam and Cairns, and my claim paperwork appears to be in some black hole somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom