New Instrument Mount Give Away

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sad face :(

The mount arrived today, looks really nice. Mold quality looks good. Unfortunately, it does not fit the Veo 2.0"

VEO 2.0.jpg

Note that the ears for the strap are molded as part of the casing. FWIW, the included description lists 3 main variants:

1) single button on the face
2) single button on the face and single button on the side
3) Dual buttons on the face and a single button on the side

The Veo 2.0 has dual buttons on the face and none on the side.

Also to be fair - Tobin stated "Oceanic Veo's (all of them I think)" (emphasis added).

Sad face. :(

The good news? I thought briefly about hacking the mount to accommodate the ears, but I couldn't do it. So someone else gets one for free!

Tobin,

I will send this to whoever was next on your list if you will confirm with them that it is ok for you to forward me their address.

Sad but appreciative nonetheless.

Sad face :(

The mount arrived today, looks really nice. Mold quality looks good. Unfortunately, it does not fit the Veo 2.0"

View attachment 206983

I have access examples of *many* Veo variants and none of them have "ears" molded on the the actual instrument case.

It would pretty odd for Oceanic to produce two variants of the Veo 2.0 Case. Possible, but very odd.

In this photo you can see that Oceanic offers the same wrist Mount for the Veo 1.0, Veo 2.0. Veo 3.0 and Veo 250. This Would not be possible if the Veo 2.0 had ears molded onto the case.

The mount in the photo below is clearly designed to fit the same case style Veo as the DSS mount.

412fc-5z8il.jpg
"Oceanic Dive Computer Wrist Mount Boot VEO 1.0 Oceanic Dive Computer Wrist Mount Boot VEO 2.0 Oceanic Dive Computer Wrist Mount Boot VEO 3.0 Oceanic Dive Computer Wrist Mount Boot VEO 250"

Can you send me some better photos of the instrument you have? Top, sides, back? tobin@deepseasupply.com.

Tobin

If you cannot get it to work, I'd take it for my Veo 3.0, I can paypal you the cost of shipping...note I was too late to the party to send my address to DSS, so if someone else is more deserving....

I looks like Oceanic / Aeris has for the last few models of Veo's and Aeris A300 been using two different case styles.

It's a huge and confusing mess. Early Veo models are all essentially round "pucks" with out any extended "ears" to accept wrist straps. These fit our new mount.

Newer model Veo's are sold in two styles. Instruments sold in consoles (Navcon style) are round pucks and fit the DSS mount.

However newer Veo (2.0, 3.0) that are sold as wrist mounts have two sets of extended "ears" or "legs" to accept a wrist watch style wrist band. These will not fit in the current DSS bungee mount.

Bottom line: If your Veo style computer was sold in a console or is a model that predates the 2.0 it probably fits. If your Veo is a 2.0 or newer *and* was sold in a Wrist mount it probably doesn't fit.

We are still trying to determine which of the other Veo Style computers follow this pattern.

Tobin

Top, bottom, 4 sides. Removed the serial / bar code, left the mfg. date.

DSCF7509.jpgDSCF7510.jpgDSCF7512.jpgDSCF7515.jpgDSCF7517.jpgDSCF7518.jpg

OK, finally getting around to writing a brief review of this wrist mount after getting it out on a dive. I’m using it with an Oceanic Veo 250, which has a button on the face, one on the side, and a computer cable connection port. This mount is much better than the modified watch-style mount I was using previously. Overall, the computer fits in the mount securely, and the cutouts for the side button and the computer port are exactly where they need to be. I’ve attached some pictures showing the computer in the mount that I took while I was deciding how I wanted to route the bungee. I liked the idea of the “quick release” style routing shown on the instruction sheet, where you stretch a loop of bungee around the mount to put tension on/off the bungee cord, but it made it harder to push the side button on the computer, so I went with another routing strategy. This isn’t really an issue, just something to keep in mind when you’re routing your cord. Overall I really like the mount and would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in moving a Veo 250 from a console to a wrist or out of a watch-style wristband.

Edit: my Veo 250 was originally a console mount and didn't have the "ears."

IMG_2115.jpgIMG_2116.jpgIMG_2117.jpgIMG_2120.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad to have the model that works since I have two.

Have really wanted a better option then the one watch style they originally provided.

I haven't been ignoring things, mine has yet to arrive.

Mail to Canmore takes forever.

Last edited:
Mine arrived for my Sherwood Profile and Tobin did a great job of "holding my hand" while I figured out how to orient the computer in the mount. It is actually very simple and intuitive but I was over thinking it a bit and had some initial trouble. Suffice it to say most folks will find it works great out of the package and installs in seconds. The mount is robust and looks great. Well done Deep Sea Supply :)

Update.

We now have reliable reports of a user cutting off the "spring pin lugs" on the Newer Veos sold as wrist mounts. This allows the use of the DSS mount.

I'm a little hesitant to recommend people take a dremel to their instrument, but so far the reports are all positive.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom