Any interest diving Rock Lake in NM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teller

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I will be taking a few students to Rock Lake in NM this summer to complete some trimix training. Would anyone else be interested in going, whether you're part of the class or just for fun? The lake is nearly 300' deep and based on reports the vis is exceptional compared to most TX lakes. If you're interested please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Have you already worked out the dates with the land owner or are you planning on tagging along with a local group that dives the spring often? I ask because the land owner is notoriously difficult to get a hold of and it would suck to go all that way be denied because of not getting a hold of the land owner.

Let me know what dates you come up with I'm interested in joining your group.

I was just there this past weekend. We had some great dives.

You did not answer the questions posed in post #3. Do you have the land owner's permission for the dives?

My own personal plans for those months are not settled. I may go there during that time. I may not.

I am waiting for a response from the landowner. If I don't hear back in the next few days I will contact the LDS. If all else fails my group will head to Table Rock Lake in Missouri or Pensacola Florida. Our intention is to get at least 180' in order to conduct some trimix training. If anyone has any suggestions for a technical diving trip please feel free to share.

To get the owner's permission, you need to be a technical instructor who has gone through the legal requirements to dive there in terms of insurance. I have done all that. If we have a committed group, I can work out the details.

I have been told you need to bring an AOW card too, no matter what other cards you may have. I may be interested in a trip there, depends on when.

I have been told you need to bring an AOW card too, no matter what other cards you may have. I may be interested in a trip there, depends on when.

No. It just needs to be at least an AOW card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom