February Dives in St. Croix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm interested in St. Croix as well. If your wife is a diver and you haven't been there yet, try Little Cayman. Wonderful diving but not a ton of other stuff to do on the island.

I'm good with nothing to do other than diving. We really enjoy Bonaire and CCV :) I do have LCBR and BCBR on my list, however looks like Brac Cayman Beach Resort is closed Aug 1st through October for some renovations I ready.

The other two places I'm considering are Dominica and Saba.

I chose St. Croix because I have a non-diving wife, and I myself like a well-rounded vacation. As you know, the island is not that developed and rich in historical attractions. It is very geared toward those that want to explore on their own yet there is also a good number of eating and drinking establishments, beaches, etc. We loved roaming the island and the diving was great for this mid-west dweller.

And you did all shore dives. You might enjoy reading up on some of the forum threads about Curacao; some of those comparing & contrasting it with Bonaire can help get into the details. I've spent 8 1-week trips on Bonaire; haven't dove Curacao, but then I like to cram in a lot of diving.

stagSevin:

I'm trying to figure out where we are going to go this summer, wife wants to do something different other than our normal Bonaire/Roatan/Cozumel trips. This is one place that I was considering as well (along with one of the cayman islands).
The other two places I'm considering are Dominica and Saba.

You're looking at some interesting destinations I haven't been to, but have been curious about. From what I understand, a trip to Dominica from the U.S. tends to be 2 days getting there & 2 days getting back; if this is accurate, how long a trip can you take? Also, Dominica is admired for topside rainforest attractions. Seems you'd want time to explore that. I was surprised how nice the diving was in Dominica. Excellent! is a nice thread covering it.

Is your wife good with just diving, or do you need another things? If so, what? If not, considered a live-aboard?

Richard.

Yes Richard, I've read a little about Curacao. It also seems like a good destination for a diver/non-diver couple like us.

Back
Top Bottom