USN diver tanks, big about 80 or 90 cu. ft. with a welded plug in the bottom.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this Harry Vitter ? If it is he used these kind of tanks in his classes at the Aquatic Center in Santa Ana, So Cal.
This is where a student of his got the tanks to weld the bottom plug.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill,

YEP! Harry VEtter and the same tanks
All his tanks went to Belize and were wiped out by Diana in August 1960.

Harry had two marriages go bad which he blamed on his diving obsession and time requirements. He married about 40 plus years ago, departed diving and now is 85+ and moved to the NW.

He disposed of all his equipment many many years ago..Nothing there.

As previously stated we obtained ours a "Industrial analysis" whom I suspect is no longer in business..As I recall we paid $3 or 4 a piece..but that was a long time ago.

Good luck.

SAM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill,

YEP! Harry VEtter and the same tanks
All his tanks went to Belize and were wiped out by Diana in August 1960.

Harry had two marriages go bad which he blamed on his diving obsession and time requirements. He married about 40 plus years ago, departed diving and now is 85+ and moved to the NW.

He disposed of all his equipment many many years ago..Nothing there.

As previously stated we obtained ours a "Industrial analysis" whom I suspect is no longer in business..As I recall we paid $3 or 4 a piece..but that was a long time ago.

Good luck.

SAM

Thanks Sam,

If anyone has two of these tanks for sale please PM me.

Thanks,

Bill
dead dog :)

I know these tanks are no good for diving.
I need then for a display I'm setting up.
Will pay a fair price for two of them.
Send an IM if you have some for sell with dimensions,

Thank you

dead dog

Still looking for these tanks if anyone has please PM me.

Thanks,

Bill
dead dog

Will still pay a good price for these tanks. A good price since they can't be used for diving. NOT an over price like a $1000 each I got from some people.

Please help, I need for a display NOT diving.

Thanks in advance,

Bill
dead dog

Will still pay a good price for these tanks. A good price since they can't be used for diving. NOT an over price like a $1000 each I got from some people.

Thanks in advance,

Bill
dead dog

I just saw them on Ebay today. I'll see if I can find the auction.

Thanks in advance,

Bill
dead dog

Tanks found. Thanks to all who reply to this listing.

Bill
dead dog

John, if you or anyone else have two of these tanks I will still buy them, drilled or not drilled I don't care because there is NO law to own them. They were sold by the Government as surplus and that makes them legal. What you do with them may be a different story. They will be used for display. I'm thinking of making the Captain " an offer he can't refuse " ( The Godfather ) lol
As I stated before I need these tanks for a display and any help will be fully appreciated as well as paid.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom