Ghost and Minnewanka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keith, If you can put up with a newbie, I'm planning to dive a lot around here this summer. I'm just getting together the last of my gear and I should be good to go soon.

Also, any further views on diving ghost? It'd be great for me. It's 10 minutes from my house.

Keith, If you can put up with a newbie, I'm planning to dive a lot around here this summer. I'm just getting together the last of my gear and I should be good to go soon.

Also, any further views on diving ghost? It'd be great for me. It's 10 minutes from my house.

I will dive anything, never dove ghost, probably not much to see like any other AB lake..... I will send you a pm, wondering what you have as far as experience. Thanks bud :)

Anything I have been told about the Ghost Reservoir is that the visibility can be expected to be minimal to none, at best. There is a reason you don't see divers there.

Of more concern however is the number of power boats and personal watercraft that frequent the Ghost Reservoir. That alone makes it not very "dive friendly". If you insist on diving there, tow a proper dive flag. The AUC has signs at many boat launches showing boaters what to be on the watch for.

It's hard to find any information on Minnewanka but I heard an ice dive offers much better visibility.

There are often posts on the various FB pages from the shops and clubs in the Calgary area updating folks on current conditions.

Right now Minnie is at the lowest water level in years - 25 feet at the road going to the bridge pilings. That's about 30 feet lower than "normal".

Anyone have plans to dive July 10, 13, 14 or 23rd?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom