Lake George

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From Roger's Rock it's a short jaunt across to Anthony's Nose.

I haven't heard of Anthony's Nose for diving, but found it on the map. What type of sights and depths should I expect there?

-BC

We (NYSDA & Albany Aquanauts) installed the mooring buoys on the Radeau, the Lost Fleet, and one other wreck site (don't remember which one) yesterday (Sat 16th May). The vis was horrible, maybe 2-5 feet. The surface temp was about 53°F and at the Radeau, at 102 feet, it was 43°F. Chilly, murky, all in all lousy conditions - but we cleaned the chains and signs, and placed the moorings. Think I'll pass next year.

The only NOAA chart I can find for the area just shows the northern end of Lake George. The rest of it shows Lake Champlain.

Chart 14784

I might be headed up that way myself this summer. Have you looked at any sites in Lake Champlain?

The only NOAA chart I can find for the area just shows the northern end of Lake George. The rest of it shows Lake Champlain.

Chart 14784

I might be headed up that way myself this summer. Have you looked at any sites in Lake Champlain?

I haven't looking into Champlain yet. I just found out a family member will have their boat in the water at Champlain the same week, so it turns out I might be heading there.

Also, does anyone have a good point for the John Jay? I have the basic idea of its location, but its based on a marker buoy that I can't pinpoint south of Temple Knoll Island.

Can anyone point out where the John Jay is?

Thanks,
-BC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom