Deco for Divers by Mark Powell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A second edition is out there and it looks quite thin compared to the 1st one. I wonder what the changes are.

that might even be the paper stock it was printed on. IIRC, my copy is on quite "robust" paper...

Amazon says the first edition is 240 pages <my copy is 245 pages> and the second is 194 pages.
Still, that doesn't necessarily translate to less content. Could be smaller type, smaller illustration sizes, etc.

Maybe he will chime in. Dr Deco, you there??????

Deco for Divers is not by Dr. Deco, who is Dr. Michael Powell. It is by Mark Powell, who is a technical diver and technical instructor in the UK.

A great book and a must for any diver considering taking on any advanced courses. Simply written and very clear.

Where can I order this book in Canada,

just checked a few few sites that were sold out or in the UK.

If you want to actually calculate anything it leaves something to be desired. There is essentially nothing about bubble models. That said it may be the best collection in one place. We can hope that the next revision will fill a couple holes.

If you want to actually calculate anything it leaves something to be desired. There is essentially nothing about bubble models. That said it may be the best collection in one place. We can hope that the next revision will fill a couple holes.
I've been interested in "deep into deco" as a new addendum to the list of books one should read. I'm curious to see how it compares in terms of content.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom