Help with Bali Itinerary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info everyone. We have revised the itinerary and removed Pemuteran completely. I would appreciate some insight on the following: We are considering driving to Seririt for a night. Then on to Tulamben the next day for a few days. Is the road that goes from Seminyak to Seririt worth spending a day driving on? Are there a lot of waterfalls , temples etc to stop en route at to make it a beautiful adventure?

Hi,

I'm agree with most of the people, For a such sorter trip is better you focus in Northeast cost for macro. Staying in Tulamben you have access to plenty dive site that will reach your expectations for creatures and after to show your girlfriend the beauty of Indonesian reefs your best option is Lembongan from where you can espend at least other two days enjoying wonderful coral wall and if you are lucky have the oportuinity to dive with Manta Rays

This is my suggestion for your itenerary:

2 night relax in Seminyak
3 nights In Tulamben ( including 4 days of diving between Kubu, Tulamben and Amed Area, hunting creatures)
2 nights in Lembongan ( including 2 days diving around Nusa Penida protected area )
And after 3 days touring Bali from Ubud.

Cheers !

Totally agree on removing Permuteran. We did a day there and Menjagan (sp?) Island and it was OK but not as good as Tulamben, and more expensive. Padangbai local dives were great too- I highly recommend The Jetty.

I would suggest that if you keep pemuteran, that Menganjan is only worth one day of diving. I really enjoyed Puri Jati, though. We were the only divers at PJ.
So, having done a similar itinerary a few years ago-- I would still travel through the North of Bali as it is very beautiful.
But, I'm currently planning another Bali excursion and will focus on Tulamben area and Lembongan having seen the north.(and it is a long haul)
We used Bali International Diving Professionals to organize everything and they did an excellent job. We had a dive master and a driver-- when we came up from the second dive of the day our driver Sudi always had hot Nasi Goreng for us-- thanks Sudi we haven't forgotten your hospitality.

It is excellent new that you and your girlfriend will be visiting Bali in August. Here at Aqua Marine Diving – Bali, we offer Day Trips and Safaris across Bali, included Menjangan, Puri Jati, Tulamben, Amed, Blue Lagoon and Nusa Penida. We can create customized itineraries to suit you, including land tours and accommodation. Contact us at Diving@AquaMarineDiving.com and we would be delighted to help make this trip happen.

Hi Rebecca
if you are going to do open water i'd recommend Liberty Divers in Tulamben.Liberty Dive Resort - Liberty Dive Resort Tulamben Bali - Home Page You can stay in a nice room, they have 3 pools to do your training and are so close to Liberty Wreck it is very convenient. I also witnessed a lot of training when I was there. The Bali Dive Resort is SSI, not padi, but here is the link: Bali Dive Resort and Spa. For me it was wonderful as I had an awful accommodation at another resort in Tulamben and this was luxury at very affordable rates. It does depend where you stay though. there are probably great dive shops in Nusa Dua others can recommend. I loved Padang Bai and dived with Geko dive there. Happy to give you any other information if you want to send me a message. I love Bali. it is close to Australia, has amazing diving and the people are lovely.

Great, thanks for the advice btonthemove. We still haven't worked out where to go as yet but it seems that Liberty Dive is highly recommended by everyone on the forums and that it's a great dive spot. If you were going to dive in one spot which would you choose out of Tulamben and Padang Bai? Thanks!

Went to Bali last September. After one night in Seminyak-- we spent a leisurely day traveling to Pemuteran (with a driver who knew where to go). We spent 4 nights at a great villa in Pemuteran-- lots of very good diving at Menjangan. Then had our driver take us around the island to Tulamben for 4 more nights-- more fantastic diving. We then took a plane to Komodo-- diving was terrific-- although we were on a liveaboard. Probably too late for you to organize that -- but you really should go to Komodo-- and that really works with a trip to Bali. You will have a great time -- no matter where you go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom