Small stuff in Bonaire Hero 4 silver flip 3.1 macromatemini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lanceb1297

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Is it ok to post video links here? I am new to the site, just trying to figure out how to navigate around it... I recently shot this footage in Bonaire using a GoPro Hero 4 Backscatter 3.1 flip with macromate mini, +10 lens and the dive filter. I've been taking GoPro videos for a couple years and just upgraded from the 2 to the 4. Pleased with camera so far. All my footage is right off the camera. Shooting the small stuff in 1080 60 fps narrow. Most of my videoing experience is all through trial and error. Finally getting comfortable with the results.

https://youtu.be/q-qDsb-Exc8

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful! Your video is so steady! What are you using to hold the camera?

Thank you Reidkon, actually youtube stabilizer helps out with the shake. I made my own tray out of star board and some aluminum I had left over in my shop. It makes a huge difference from some of the other rigs I used previous. This one I can clip to my d rings on my BC for stable footage while moving or I can pull the tripod legs out when stationary.

Lanceb1297's Library | Photobucket

Last edited:
Excellent video. I wonder if that Staghorn coral was planted by the CRF at one time?

Both, I have a Bigblue 2500 lumen light and a Underwater kinetics 800 lumen. I can adjust the brightness on both. I very rarely use them together.
I do use the Backscatter filters on a separate camera. You can see pictures of the rig I use in the above post.^^^^

excellent camera skills, it's harder than it looks!

I've got about 12 dives with the Macromate in Fiji recently, 1080 60 FPS in narrow mode is awesome, but the littlest wiggle is magnified by the macromate which only focuses well, ~4.5-5.5" away from lens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom