Anilao Pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klausi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Some dive sites are ... special! Like the Anilao pier. I wrote a blog post about it. Enjoy!

Here is a really nice crab from the pier:

17140470887_a80c560863_z.jpg

Cool! I didn't know you could dive Anilao Pier. So far, your photos remind me of the critters I saw at Dauin Pier in Dumaguete.

So far, your photos remind me of the critters I saw at Dauin Pier in Dumaguete.

The Ducomi Pier was a great dive site to bad they shut it down. At the time it was being touted as one of the top ten sites in the world.

I was in Anilao in Jan and I neglected to dive the pier there. Stupid me for not doing enough research. I Love piers.

I did dive a pier in the Sipalay area and it was a really good site. Muck bottom with with great habitat on the pilings. Six kinds of Nudi's and a pair of frogfish right together.

The Ducomi Pier was a great dive site to bad they shut it down. At the time it was being touted as one of the top ten sites in the world.

I was in Anilao in Jan and I neglected to dive the pier there. Stupid me for not doing enough research. I Love piers.

I did dive a pier in the Sipalay area and it was a really good site. Muck bottom with with great habitat on the pilings. Six kinds of Nudi's and a pair of frogfish right together.

In fact, Anilao Pier is not a "Pier dive" unlike Ducomi, Jetty in Padang Bai or Laha 2 "Twilight zone" in Ambon but rather a mucky shallow dive (which can get really sticky and yucky) off a pier which you never come across any pillar of.

That said this is an excellent night dive full of crustacea (Coleman & Brookes' shrimps, Saron, Donald duck, Emperors on sea cucumbers) and octopii (already had a 10 bobtail squid dive there, starry night and sometimes mimic), lots of various molluscs too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom