Best macro site in Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorites are :
Number one for me is Tulamben Liberty slope, I've had : Blue ring octopus, Harlequin shrimp, tiger shrimp, tozeuma shrimp, donald duck shrimp, hairy shrimp, saron shrimp, skeleton shrimp, candy crab, hairy squat lobster, frogfish all types, allied cowries, Ghostpipefish ornate and robust, phyllodesmium, lomanotus, tritonia nudis, ..

Seraya & Melasti are not bad also for Tiger shrimps, harlequin shrimps, coleman shrimps, hairy shrimps, candy crab, hairy squat lobster, frogfish, allied cowries including tiger cowrie, pygmy seahorse, ghostpipefish ornate, robust and paegnius, stiliger, costasiella and doto nudis,

Jetty at Padang bai is very special : 3 rhinopias in one dive, 2 weedies + one paddleflap, giant frogfishes, clown frogfish, flying gurnards, pipefishes, ...

I like Japanese wreck in Amed at night too, very different from the rest : bumblebee shrimps, hairy squat lobster, lots of nudis Tambja or nembrothas, emperor shrimps running on spanish dancers, allied cowries,...

I didn't know there are so many things to see at liberty wreck!!! The last time I had a guide, he just show me ard the wreck and big items...
think i will spend 2 good days to go n search ard the wrecks this coming Aug trip.

for Seraya & Melasti, is it a shore dive? if yes, where can i park?

I didn't know there are so many things to see at liberty wreck!!! The last time I had a guide, he just show me ard the wreck and big items...
think i will spend 2 good days to go n search ard the wrecks this coming Aug trip.

for Seraya & Melasti, is it a shore dive? if yes, where can i park?
The Liberty slope is not around the wreck, it's located 50m east of the wreck, I doubt you would see as many things without a good spotter guide.
Melasti and Seraya are indeed shore dives, there is a parking area for both sites, as well as outdoor showers and rinse tanks, but you have to pay fees to the families who own the grounds.

The Liberty slope is not around the wreck, it's located 50m east of the wreck, I doubt you would see as many things without a good spotter guide.
Melasti and Seraya are indeed shore dives, there is a parking area for both sites, as well as outdoor showers and rinse tanks, but you have to pay fees to the families who own the grounds.

Is there any arrow sign showing Melasti and Seraya?

Probably, it says somethng approximate like "macro diving".

Seraya Slope is a great macro site in Tulamben. Here at AquaMarine Diving - Bali, we have some of the best spotters in Indonesia, that some of our repeat divers will book 2 years in advance. Drop us a line at Diving@aquamarinediving.com and we will happily organize some fantastic macro diving for you.

I find Bali operators' infomercials very tiring and probably counter-productive, one thing I know now for sure is that I will never ever dive with some of them. That is the result of their relentless advertizing.

Take it from a photographer who dives Bali every year. If you want to dive Tulamben and Seraya area, the most specialized dive guides on their areas are the ones who are 365/7 on premises, ie. the guides located in Seraya or Tulamben, not the ones circumnavigating Bali shores on safaris.
Period.

I find Bali operators' infomercials very tiring and probably counter-productive, one thing I know now for sure is that I will never ever dive with some of them. That is the result of their relentless advertizing.

Take it from a photographer who dives Bali every year. If you want to dive Tulamben and Seraya area, the most specialized dive guides on their areas are the ones who are 365/7 on premises, ie. the guides located in Seraya or Tulamben, not the ones circumnavigating Bali shores on safaris.
Period.

Well said. :)

Is there any arrow sign showing Melasti and Seraya?
When you come from Tulamben toward Seraya you will find 3 "signs" once you reach the bottom of the hill, there is one directly across from Blue Hill Resort and then two more before you reach Bali Diving Academy, all 3 are good starting points. If you go to the Bali Diving Academy place you get very nice rinse tanks and the local porters will take your gear to Melasti to the left and to Seraya on the right or you can dive directly out front. You don't need a guide from Bali Diving Academy, you can go on your own. You will have to pay the local fees

is it the coral garden? when i was new, i did went over there. nice place too.

When you come from Tulamben toward Seraya you will find 3 "signs" once you reach the bottom of the hill, there is one directly across from Blue Hill Resort and then two more before you reach Bali Diving Academy, all 3 are good starting points. If you go to the Bali Diving Academy place you get very nice rinse tanks and the local porters will take your gear to Melasti to the left and to Seraya on the right or you can dive directly out front. You don't need a guide from Bali Diving Academy, you can go on your own. You will have to pay the local fees

Thanks a lot.
Maybe would rent the tank from Bali Diving Academy, how much are they charging for the tanks? Do they have nitrox?

is it the coral garden? when i was new, i did went over there. nice place too.

No it's not the coral garden. Coral garden starts 200m east from the wreck , before TTT going to Liberty.
Liberty slope is past TTT starting 50m east of the wreck and after coral garden has ended, just in front of where all the Sanur daytrip groups rest after a dive on the Liberty. It is strange but they seldom dive this place which is bare black sand. Probably because they don't know what to find. It's even better on a night dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom