Jakarta Diving Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaberman1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I will be traveling to Jakarta for work (staying in the city the entire time) and will have a free day to explore/dive. Any answers to the following questions would be greatly appreciated:

- Does anyone recommend any stores or charters to use for a day of diving during a week day? I will also need to rent everything.
- I'll be traveling during Ramadan...is it safe to assume diving off Java is business as usual?
- Any other advice?

Thanks,

Zach

Our owner at AquaMarine Diving - Bali used to live in Jakarta back in 1998. At the time she dived with Krystal Klear Dive, the only operator in the area at the time. You might want to check them out.
Trips may be limited during Ramadan, but in general business is as usual.

Most of DC in Jakarta typically offer weekend trip to 1000islands, anyer, ujung kulon or occasionally Krakatoa.
However, outdoor/ physical activities will be very limited during ramadhan - though business almost as usual.
You can contact Sea Pearl, Bubble Diver, Krystal Klear - probably they can accommodate your request.

Or check / post at local diving forum forumselam.com subforum buddy finder or diving trips
I saw some people looking for buddy during Ramadhan but mostly to Bali.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom