How to hook up the Galileo LUNA to my PC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most generic IR dongle will work. I have had problems with getting a good signal and had to mess with the angle of the computer to get it to 'see' the dongle.

Jeff

I use my irda for my Luna and it works just fine and I don't have to worry about any water intrusion through a hard wired port.

Just waking the tread up :)
I also do like IR data transmition on Luna. I bought $20 Irda USB dongle and works perfectly in Win 8.1. Not like my previous Aeris where bluetooth never worked... tried 4 different USB dongles !
In my opinion this is the cheapest and most reliable wireless connection !!!

Hi All,

just continuing this thread. I have just bought a (second hand) luna. Very happy its in brand new condition. But the home screen has the owners name and mobile number plus I want to change the emergency contact details and delete the dive log.

Now I think I have worked out to change all this detail I cant do it unless I install the JTrack software which I have now done but then realised when it didn't connect I am missing a step and worked out I need this IRDA connection to actually sync to my luna.

Now having come back to scubaboard assuming (correctly) there must be an existing thread on this subject my question is: Do these IRDA devices also work on Mac's as well as PC's. If someone has a mac and can suggest a working model it would be appreciated.

My current Mac is fairly new model running Intel processor, latest operating software etc.

Many Thanks

Hi All,

just continuing this thread. I have just bought a (second hand) luna. Very happy its in brand new condition. But the home screen has the owners name and mobile number plus I want to change the emergency contact details and delete the dive log.

Now I think I have worked out to change all this detail I cant do it unless I install the JTrack software which I have now done but then realised when it didn't connect I am missing a step and worked out I need this IRDA connection to actually sync to my luna.

Now having come back to scubaboard assuming (correctly) there must be an existing thread on this subject my question is: Do these IRDA devices also work on Mac's as well as PC's. If someone has a mac and can suggest a working model it would be appreciated.

My current Mac is fairly new model running Intel processor, latest operating software etc.

Many Thanks

It looks you're on the right path, but about to run into a dead end. Yes, all that information is very easy to change with SmartTRACK. The last time I talked with Jules about Mac's I think he told me that was a no-go. That may have changed by now, though, because I sold my dive shop over a year ago and now have no 1-on-1 contact with Jules. He's your man, though, if you can get through to him. Jules almost always has the right answer, and if he doesn't know he will tell you so.

I think you'll need to do it on a windows box, as JTrack is very limited from what I recall.

No you don't. You simply need the correct IrDA dongle and software. You can buy Scubapro's for about $80 or the same for about $20 on Amazon. Also need the correct software for a Mac. Try Divelog.

No you don't. You simply need the correct IrDA dongle and software. You can buy Scubapro's for about $80 or the same for about $20 on Amazon. Also need the correct software for a Mac. Try Divelog.

Thanks, I will give it a try, I have now changed my Luna with the correct owner details but used my work laptop instead. I would still prefer to have it sync to my Mac.

We covered the IrDA earlier in the thread. I bought mine for $12 at a local discount electronics shop.

Have you done this with Divelog yourself?

James R.
Sorry for the delay but it appears you have heard all the info in this thread; we do sell a compatible Irda dongle but there are generic units out there that can be compatible. The original LUNA came out quite a few years ago when IrDa was most popular and due to the success of the computer, we have kept it in the line much longer than expected. However, there is no plan to make the software completely compatible with Mac as mentioned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom