1st solo dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dewayne74

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:D

I did did my first solo dive today. Hung out at about 30 feet for 15 minutes or so then went and watched the fishes at about 15 feet for 20 minutes.

Was a very good dive...there will be many more of those in the future!

Congrats and enjoy it. As much as there are inherent risks, there is something about connecting with the ocean on your own. I am sure some people will jump to start with suggestions...but one assumes that any diver that goes solo, does so prepared. End of discussion

Thanks! Actually I am in Michigan so I don't get a lot of ocean diving in. Just one of the local watering holes. As a matter of fact it was Gull lake a local training site which they did an article in Dive Training magazine on this month.

Doesn't matter if it was an Ocean dive to a million feet or a hole in the ground inland to 10 feet, you went in and enjoyed your dive your way. That's the gist of solo diving.

If it were an ocean dive to a million feet you wouldn't want it to be solo.... You'd want the press there to report on it...
[emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom