For Sale Drysuit - $180 - Bare XCD2 2mm crushed neoprene drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Purchased this from Rainer as a backup suit but in the end my shoulders are too big otherwise fits like a champ. (And my wife will be happy too :depressed:) So its back on the market!! One thing about this suit is its built like a tank.

---

Bare XCD2 2mm crushed neoprene drysuit (no buoyancy change with depth), with some nice extras. Comes with a neoprene neck seal, includes a Halcyon Streamline balanced p-valve (alone $190), Kevlar knee pads, Si-Tech valves, suspenders, and two bellows pockets (Left: Bare, Right: Halcyon Exploration).

Size Medium-Large. Should fit anyone 5'10-6'2, 160-200# as long as you don't have overly muscular shoulders.

Zipper needs to be replaced. You can get a brand new Tizip for $90 shipped: TIZIP Masterseal Drysuit Zipper - Dive Right in Scuba

Wrist seals also need to be replaced ($25): DRIS Dive Gear Drysuit Latex Bottle Wrist Seals (pair) | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba.

Otherwise, the suit is in good condition (it was leak-free before the seals and zipper went).

Price: $180 "FIRM" to your door in the US thru paypal.

---

Link to original sale post

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2F2sb.us%2F505933

Bare_1.jpgBare_2.jpgBare_3.jpgBare_4.jpg

If you decide to do the repairs yourself I can provide links to all the information I have tracked down.

Good day. In the Montreal Quebec area. New to dry suits, the price is attractive and the right built. Bluntly do the couple of repairs indicate a suit at the end of its life or might I get a few years out of it after fixing the issues you mentioned. Thanks, Cameron

Breath in, breath out, repeat...

Good day. In the Montreal Quebec area. New to dry suits, the price is attractive and the right built. Bluntly do the couple of repairs indicate a suit at the end of its life or might I get a few years out of it after fixing the issues you mentioned. Thanks, Cameron

If this wasn't a crushed neoprene drysuit then I might say that its at the end of its life but this suit is built pretty darn tough.

The wrists are cake to fix and I was going to install the Sitech
Oval Permanent Wrist System because for me it just makes sense. Si Tech Oval Permanent Wrist System | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

The zipper was Rainers fault. Bad choice on his part and it cost him resale value.

Anyone who has this suit or similar is welcome to chime in. Like I said this suit feels and looks bulletproof otherwise. I don't see why this suit wont last quite a few more years.

Good to hear it. Thanks. Perhaps this is my solution for Canadian waters.

---------- Post added June 4th, 2015 at 03:47 AM ----------

Would you be flexible on the price, so that combined with shipping and the repairs it won't be beyond local used prices? As far as forum etiquette should this be in private message?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom