Little Cayman Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In case anyone has a similar question...they won't book a package with a dinner only option. You can pay for individual dinners at the dining room or bar. If you pay for the dining room dinner daily, it is almost equivalent in cost to the MAP. So, the MAP makes sense. The AI package does not include any food at the bar; dining room only. I wasn't really concerned about the cost of paying for the MAP plan. I'm not big on buffets, and was concerned that after a week it may become repetitive. Also, I tend to over eat at buffets, so I wanted to try and avoid coming home a few pounds heavier. :wink: Hopefully, I'll burn those extra calories diving!

Just curious, what do people do when they stay at the condos that don't have an AI plan? Do people bring food over from Grand Cayman or home? How about the people that live there (since it sounds like the convenience store is small)? I remember when I went to Grand Turk, people that lived there would fly to Provo and fill up a large duffel bag with groceries.

The food at LCBR is not your typical buffet fare and there is nothing repetitive about it unless you stay multiple weeks. So I doubt you will get tired of it. The desserts on the other hand, will put you at risk of coming home a few pounds heavier. Just remember that if you don't list the extra calories you ate on the customs declaration when you get back to the states, they don't count.

A lot of the visitors staying in private homes or condos will either go to one of the resorts to eat, or to the Hungry Iguana. You will also see folks coming over from GC with a cooler as part of their checked luggage from time to time to supplement what they can get from the stores on LC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom