I am looking for my first equipment and looking for guidance.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update for all of you if your interested, I bought all new Mares equipment. I figured I needed to learn my own experiences with what I invest in and that used equipment I will never be comfortable in due to "what if" it fails the next time or however you can spin the situation. Now I'm looking at manufacturers refurbished GoPro cameras just to get me doing something underwater. I know I know I'm looking for cheap equipment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Bigcountryairhvac.com

Glad you purchased what you feel comfortable with.

Now I'm looking at manufacturers refurbished GoPro cameras just to get me doing something underwater. I know I know I'm looking for cheap equipment!

You know they sell GoPro clones right? I think they're around $150 or less new. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/underwater-videography/494324-reviews-sj4000.html
Some Chinese imports may be a lot less. Some of them look similar enough that I believe GoPro accessories/filters etc. would be compatible but it's not an area I follow.

Even GoPro has a base model now - it has some resolution limitations as well as not being built into - and not removable from the housing but retails for $129 new. http://shop.gopro.com/cameras/hero/CHDHA-301.html

Blaszy

Names are not as important as thier ability to work with your diving. This is especially true when it comes to wet suits. size means nothing its if it fits you.

I have my eyes set on all new Mares equipment with thought of that the LDS can easily service it year to year. I have just stumbled across some equipment on the nastyslist and like some input on the quality and wisdom for or against used equipment that's not already obvious. But for beginners equipment on a budget would it suffice, and I don't know if the LDS would be able to service this brand.
bb038abb9ded9f0c7578f827091dc5f6.jpg

Update for all of you if your interested, I bought all new Mares equipment. I figured I needed to learn my own experiences with what I invest in and that used equipment I will never be comfortable in due to "what if" it fails the next time or however you can spin the situation. Now I'm looking at manufacturers refurbished GoPro cameras just to get me doing something underwater. I know I know I'm looking for cheap equipment!

I think you did what was right for you. Enjoy!

Check out ultraprox cameras. Its a nice camera just like the gopros but only about $75. I bought one and its rated to 200 ft. It takes nice pictures and video above water going to find out Monday how it does underwater.

Let me know how it works. Will you tether it to a D-ring or how will you use it?

you can use a tether it to a D ring - Lanyard would be a must for your wrist - selfie sticks seem popular but again get a wrist lanyard.

The ultra pro x 4 camera did an excellent job on my dives the last two days. For less than $80 I can't complain one bit.

I got go Pro silver4. I'll try it out. I'll give an update later from the perspective of new diver with unknown toys.

Back
Top Bottom