Belize on the cheap.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what I do when heading to CC.

$30US from the airport-water taxi
$25US return for the water taxi

Last time I stayed right at the hostel were the taxi comes in behind the basketball court for $15 a night.

BDS has an 'online' 10tk/$600 and a weekly nitrox supplement.

That was the cheapest part of my last trip there.

BRad

Yep exactly. Between two of us $20/night each at an AirBnB spot. Same transfers. I took the BDS online deal as well. Airfare from Toronto was $714 with one layover in DFW, arriving on the Caye in the early afternoon.

We visited Ambergris and were happy that we chose Caulker. Too busy for us. BDS hits all the same reefs as well.

There's a little hotel right next to BDS's dock to the left that serves up 2for1 happy hour drinks. Quiet dock. Sunsets. Great little spot.

I realize its going to be more expensive to be there. The only reason I throw out the Cozumel price is for those who consider Cozumel on the cheap to be 1500. My last trip to Cozumel was 8 days and 4 dive days of 2 tank dives. My all inclusive package was 825. My diving was under 300. We stayed at the Cozumel hotel and resort and used Dive paradise for our diving. This wasn't about cheap it was about convenience.
This next trip "she" won't be going and I want to focus on diving. I only really need a place to lay my head at night and food to eat when not diving.
I would like a 6 day trip with 3 days of diving. Half day to get there and maybe a dive. 3 dive days and 1 day of no fly or just an early morning dive. The last day leaving.
I will be connecting in Houston.

---------- Post added June 9th, 2015 at 08:24 AM ----------

Price is at the top of the list, yes. But value factors in as well. A new and good dive experience can offset the price differential. I'm still just looking and getting ideas and figuring a bare bones minimalist trip cost. Then i can add to the expense in the areas i choose to

By "Belize" do you mean just Ambergris Caye? If not, I recommend Placencia. Contact Patty at Splash Dive Center for dive packages that include accommodations.

I have been looking a prices and right now most flights I am seeing to BZE are cheaper than Cancun. Maybe this is due to Southwest starting to service BZE in October. In the long run it is still more expensive to dive in Belize than Cozumel but direct flights to BZE from DFW in the $330 to $430 range are awful tempting.

Last spring we did six weeks in Coz for my wife and I, 64 dives for me (wife doesnt dive) and our total including air fare from FLL, lodging and all food and drink (wife has a few cocktails but I dont drink) for less than $3K

Don't go to Belize for cheap. You will be cheating yourself

Go to Belize for wonderful. Do it right, and enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom