Philippines South East Asia Double Hose Diving & U.S. Divers UDS 1 Triple Scuba Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simplediver247

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
There's many Double Hose Divers in the United States but very few and far between here in the Philippines & South East Asia. My 2 Phoenix Double Hose Regs & UDS 1 System breathes on here in the Philippines. Everyone who tries them really likes them, What a great sight seeing these Double Hose Regs back out on the diving boats. I only know of one other Double Hose Reg Diver here ( Drado ). If there's any other vintage divers here in the Philippines drop me a message. I do have 2 extra double hose regs that are ready for Phoenix nozzles and I'm always looking for extra parts. Thanks to Carabao Dive Center in Davao City their 75 foot boat is awesome for diving.
doubles on ship front.jpgAlfred & I .jpgdoubles on ship.jpgKline & I UDS 1.jpgKate UDS 1.jpg

Last year I was in Dumaguete and Puerto Galera. I had two Argonaut Kraken with me. Some of the local DM got to try one and they liked it.

We had a great time! The diving was fantastic! The people were super friendly, everything was great.

Next year we are planning another trip to Puerto Galera. I am looking forward to it. There will be at least two of us diving Argonauts.

I bought my first double hose reg in the Philippines. It was a Voit 50 Fathom with the blue painted cans.

It is all restored now with new parts from VDH. I was 12 years old when I bought it and the year was 1967. It was a used rental regulator the US Navy was getting rid of to "upgrade" to the newer single hose Dacor Dart.
It was definitely the best ten dollars I ever spent!

The Philippines was also the best place I ever dived.

It's very hard to find any old double hose reg setups here in the Philippines, I was kinda surprised that I have not seen more, but then again dive equipment is out of most people's budget here. Diving here in the Philippines can be awesome, hope they do more to protect the sea. i've dove ares that were almost completely dead as far out as you could go just everything was dead, every giant piece of coral was dead by poisoning, stick prodding or dynamiting. Over fishing is a huge problem and dumping every possible waste know to mankind into the sea is taking it's toll on the sea's here. I hope they do an about face on protecting the sea.

It's very hard to find any old double hose reg setups here in the Philippines, I was kinda surprised that I have not seen more, but then again dive equipment is out of most people's budget here. Diving here in the Philippines can be awesome, hope they do more to protect the sea. i've dove ares that were almost completely dead as far out as you could go just everything was dead, every giant piece of coral was dead by poisoning, stick prodding or dynamiting. Over fishing is a huge problem and dumping every possible waste know to mankind into the sea is taking it's toll on the sea's here. I hope they do an about face on protecting the sea.

I understand that the reefs have been damaged. I last dove it in the sixties and where I dove it was pristine. It is a shame as itcould have been a world class dive destination. I hope people will wake up and take care of the reefs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom