Dive Story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The difference between the two moorings is not just ownership.. The SOS moorings comply with coast guard regs for 'private aids to navigation'. The milk jug type marker does not. While private markers are the property of whoever put them in, they can not prevent you from using them. They are in effect public.
Even the charter associateion can't prevent you from using their 'jugs'. However, since they took the trouble of maintaining them, its only fair that people chip in..

Let me see if I have this right. They pulled up to a flag-flying dive boat without permission, when it had divers in the water at hmm, to them unknown depth? OMG. That could have meant an Evinrude haircut for someone, no? GRRRRRRRRRR.
Can we club together and buy you a harpoon, Jim? Small cannon? I did a dive on the Aloha this past weekend and hmm, the Effie May makes for a nice extra at that site (and the fish seem to love it). She was donated but maybe some of the other sites could use a less voluntary sunken dive boat or two as well. ("I've got a little list...")

bubblelogist:
By the way I would pay a good price to see their face coming back from the fishing net dive ;0)

I totally agree. That would be one of those priceless moments.

I wonder... If someone whips up to your boat like that, ignoring the flags, and ties off to you, would there be a possible defense that you maybe thought you were being boarded by pirates?

Joe

Sideband:
I totally agree. That would be one of those priceless moments.

I wonder... If someone whips up to your boat like that, ignoring the flags, and ties off to you, would there be a possible defense that you maybe thought you were being boarded by pirates?

Joe

I guess that's why people have dive swords :crossbone

It'd almost be tempting to have let them tie off and jump in, before casting off the line. Especially if you'd be departing before they surfaced? Or you could hang around and perform a 'heroic' rescue of a group of divers who were careless about securing their boat. And whoever recovered the boat would be entitled to a salvage fee. Or is that just mean?

Groundhog246:
It'd almost be tempting to have let them tie off and jump in, before casting off the line. Especially if you'd be departing before they surfaced? Or you could hang around and perform a 'heroic' rescue of a group of divers who were careless about securing their boat. And whoever recovered the boat would be entitled to a salvage fee. Or is that just mean?

If Jim was so mean, (NOT suggesting he is) the time to untie would have been just as the last diver jumped into the water and then throw him the line. This way he wasn't being abandoned, just being given total responsibility for the boat. (Okay, so maybe I'm the mean one!)

Dave

divedude:
If you are reading this and you are the dummies that did all this I have a message for you..............
Try another sport jerks, we don't want you in this one

Oh Yea...... I gave your boat numbers to the OPP marine unit.

Nicely done, DD.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if Darwin doesn't catch up with those "divers" one of these days. :reaper:

bottom_sucker:
If Jim was so mean, (NOT suggesting he is) the time to untie would have been just as the last diver jumped into the water and then throw him the line. This way he wasn't being abandoned, just being given total responsibility for the boat. (Okay, so maybe I'm the mean one!)

Dave
:rofl:

I can just see that!!!!!!!!!

SubMariner:
Nicely done, DD.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if Darwin doesn't catch up with those "divers" one of these days. :reaper:
I agree well done. I'm sure Darwin or someone will. I'd suspect these are the type that would remove artifacts too.

I wonder what's anchoring a net like that. I'd suspect if the wind picked up, it might not be enough to secure a 20+ foot boat.

That would have been worth the price of a charter just to see Big Jim tee off on those losers. It is amazing how ignorant some people can be.....

Back
Top Bottom