G10 to G16 worth the switch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronski101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a canon G10 with the plastic canon housing that is getting a bit long in the tooth. i came across a Canon G16 Underwater Camera AND Housing w/ Red Filter. just what will i be able to do with this new system that i can't do with my G10 with inon strobe? is my old system, really worth anything?

Reactions: Jax
I highly recommend going through with the upgrade. Technology has advanced significantly since the G10 and the G16 has much better image quality, incomparable video quality, much much faster burst shooting and amazing low light capabilities compared to the G10.
The FG16 housing by Fantasea is also one of the best housings produced for underwater in terms of value for money and together they make one of the most popular bundles for underwater in the market.

It would work nicely with your existing Inon strobe and I'm certain that you would be happy with the upgrade.
Here's a comparison between the two cameras: Canon G16 vs G10 - Our Analysis

Last edited:
i think you would appreciate the update for improvements in the speed of focus and processing speed. The time to power up might be worth it alone. The ability to focus at smaller distances for macro is also a great advantage. The sensor is more sensitive and you may be able to do more with less light. You might also like shooting video in HD.

As long as you don't mind parting with the money, I think you would find the upgrade worth it.

if your G10 is working fine, then you should carry on. just like myself, i am using a G12. I was planning to upgrade till my wife screamed at me for wasting money when the camera is still in good condition.

Unless my underwater housing give way, then I will plan for an upgrade, as there isn't any place selling G12 housing and the only brand that is selling is melkon, which I do not trust!

No one who is should be named cool79 if he lets his wife scream at him over spending $400 and he is a diver.

I just pm you about a G16 and housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom