You know you're a diver when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:hm: doesn't everyone do it that way? Well sensible people would of course. Whenever I am sick.. I tend to avoid going to the doctor unless it is something that if left untreated will effect my diving :)

You must be a scuba diver if:

When you go shopping for a new car the first thing you ask the salesman is to show you the boot (trunk) because you have brought your dive tub to see if it will fit. Need to fit two sets of dive gear and 4 tanks.

The next question is show me the key. You want to know if it has attached electronics and how big it is to see if it will fit your waterproof key safe or how much it will cost to get one cut without the electronics. Yep.. we did both of those!

Guilty of those ones

---------- Post added June 16th, 2015 at 11:40 PM ----------

You know your a diver when you start tying bolt snaps to non diving objects.

Guilty of that one too

You know you're a diver when...
Your dive gear worth way more than your car.

Not to mention yer boat. Second house in Tobermory. A third vehicle just to pull the boat. Don't get me started on camera gear...

Stupid sport. Just stupid... :wink:

when you create a new circle of friends of sea divers and dump the earthling ones:D

When I cut a foot off my glorious hair and dyed it back to it's natural color because I would rather dive without dealing with all the knots I knew I liked diving.

When I pulled one of my teeth out so that I would never experience the pain of it blowing up at pressure again, I knew I was a diver. No thanks on the root canal, I can't take the chance at 100 ft. As a dental hygienist with over 20 grand worth of cosmetic work in my mouth, pulling a tooth is my version of a travesty.

When I got back to Canada and realized diving in 0 vis in cold water sounded fun, I knew I was a real diver.

When I owned enough dive gear to fill a whole closet despite only diving for six months I knew I would probably be doing this awhile.

... you don't need to make an effort to pee in your pants.

You are up pre dawn (5.00am) in below freezing temps to get to the pool for training.
You are like a kid in a toyshop when you spot the latest bit of gear

When your the only diver in your family and still have two dry suits 3 sets of Regs 3 bcs. And 2 or 3 of anything else you might "need"... and spent 3k on a shed to store and hang your gear to dry oh and then u put climate control in it so ur gear don't get too hot or too cold in between dives...

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

You know you are a diver when ....

you have more sets of fins than pairs of shoes

When someone asks you if you visited Disneyland or Universal Studios when you were in LA and you answered..."Why are the under water now?"

You plan your surgery so it interferes with your diving the least amount.

You flash the "look" signal on public transport to subtly let someone know her blouse is undone
shakehead.gif
took a moment before I figured out why she looked so puzzled!

i just did that. my wife thinks i'm nuts.

Tech Divers Prayer: If I don't make it back...... Please don't let my wife sell my gear for what I told her I paid!![emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

... you don't need to make an effort to pee in your pants.

LOL...I was thinking "when you are walking down the street in a tropical clime and have to remind yourself that you need a restroom". No peeing on land, sir.

...and

When you open the closet door and take a deep breath to catch a whiff of neoprene...ahhhh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom