Strobe positioning with fisheye - tips needed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Storker

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
close to a Hell which occasionally freezes over
# of dives
100 - 199
So, I got my FE dome port this week and took my new Panasonic 8mm/3.5 for a spin today. I had anticipated a certain learning curve to get comfortable with the FE perspective, but I hadn't anticipated the trouble with my strobes. Hotspots and uneven lighting galore!
aggressive.gif
I pulled the strobes closer to the housing and even angled them inwards, but I still had problems getting something even reminiscent of even lighting :(

Here's one of the shots SOOC (or, at least, before any adjustments in LR):
20150613_SMOM3775-2.jpg

I managed to turn it into something that at least didn't hurt to look at:

But I don't think I like the thought of having to dodge every shot to get rid of the hotspots. There has to be something I haven't learned about positioning the strobes when using a fisheye. So, any tips or links to articles are highly appreciated!

Thanks!

I understand I've been thinking back-a$$wards. With my 9-18 I'm used to extend the arms quite a bit to avoid backscatter, and angling the strobes somewhat inwards to hit the center of the frame. I'll try pulling the strobes close and angling them outwards.

Back
Top Bottom