Scubapro Classic is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm. . .they must be tired of doing that. LOL

Saw a ScubaPro classic of the same vintage on the boat this weekend. Looks like it failed in the stitching above the right pocket. Sad to see these once proud stab jackets start to fail.

Ardy,
Are you the original owner ?
We do warranty the air bag against defects however we would have to inspect the BC first. I suggest you take it in and show it to one of our Authorized Dealers and get their comments.

I'm the original owner of my Ladyhawk, Harry. Why won't Scubapro fix mine whereas they repaired wetlens' wife's Ladyhawk with the same manufacturers' weakness.

i had the same problem. My S Tek BC had less than 50 dives on it when the bladder started leaking. Took it to Denver Divers where I bought it. They confirmed the leak and sent to Scubapro. Scubapro kept it for 3 weeks and sent it back. Dive shop said Scubapro would not do anything for me so I now am the proud owner of an Oceanic Biolite that I love. Good bye Scubapro. Also sold my Scubapro regulators and went to the best, Atomic ST1 that far outperform MK25/S600 at any depth over 60 feet. Replaced Air Z computer with Oceanic Atom that pairs with transmitter far more reliably than Air Z and I can replace Atom battery myself for less than $10 where dive shop charged me $100 to send computer in to change the dead battery.

Much more confident in my gear now that I do not rely on anything Scubapro other than my mask.

One of our instructors has a knighhawk that we sent in for a ever so slight leak in a small area on a seam. Scubapro replaced it with a new one. The bcd was at least 8 years old at the time.
Maybe the others that have had a negative experience had a leak other than a seam? Original owner with proof of purchase or registered it at time of purchase?

He has one post, Im a lurker for the most part, but let's see if he ever posts again. I could say terrible things about any company, with or without proof. I have had good experiences with scubapro, so my bet is we aren't getting the full story

22 years seems pretty good to me.
You have to figure that ANY brand bc that has sewn fabric will eventually Frey or chafe in spots.
I've seen old BC's that were all weathered and brown from the sun with threads hanging out everywhere with glue and patches all over it. This to me is a badge of honor and shows a lot of use and experience. I'd just keep patching it and using it until it gets so bad that it belongs in a museum.
I'm not a fan of poodle jackets personally, but I have a lot of old Scubapro gear including classic regs, gauges, knives, and have been perfectly happy with all of it. I'll bet my jet fins will last forever.

I'm the original owner of my Ladyhawk, Harry. Why won't Scubapro fix mine whereas they repaired wetlens' wife's Ladyhawk with the same manufacturers' weakness.

If anyone was wondering or cares, yes, I was the original owner. I purchased it at Denver Divers, an authorized dealer and I did register it and Denver Divers confirmed the leak and they sent it to ScubaPro so no excuses in this case.

Also, ScubaPro advises you take their BC to a shoe repair place to fix their BCs when they fall apart? So what do they warranty? Only instructors' equipment because they are the ones that push their disposable products?

Back
Top Bottom