Wow! cost of gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigd2722

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Over the years I have accumulated way more gear than I need. Due to some issues with insurance, I decided it would be a good idea to inventory my gear in case something happens. Including tanks, spare regulators, analyzers, back plate, wet suit, dry suit, fins, etc. I came up with $15,800.00. Shop tools, tank, regulator, etc. added another $7,500.00. While not perfect (don't have all the receipts), these numbers are reasonable and defensible to an insurance claim. This doesn't include hardware, webbing etc. Think its time to look at Ebay

Do you know how much you have invested in gear?

*lalalalalala*

DSLR - photography
Technical
DPV

I _really_ do NOT want to think about that! :)

True dat!

Active status instructor...photography, assorted wet and dry suits, at least 8 tanks , lost count of regulators, bcd's some for northeast wreck diving,some for warm water, oh yeah almost forgot the boat with a 200hp Yamaha on it..

Exactly whats said above. I invenrory it all in a spreadsheet. But Genesis, rEvo, Aquatica MKIII, Haskel booster, RIX SA6, let alone the rest of it and the boat. Its an expensive road to travel. Been worth every penny so far though!

Thats whats nice about the DAN affiliate. Low deductible. I think its about 3.5% of the value. And you get what you insured it for not the depreciated value. And for everything other than loss in water including theft.

Since I have over 20 tanks, at least 10 regulators and a rebreather, I agree with most of the above posters and try not to think about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've spent a huge amount, quite frightening really. I'm very happy with all my current gear just wish I got it right first time round, could have saved thousands. Still, all part of the journey I guess. I have no idea how long SB has been around but if I'd joined when I started diving I'm sure it would have saved me a lot of money. Registering with SB should be part of OW certification:D

---------- Post added July 3rd, 2015 at 07:14 PM ----------

If I die and my wife sells all my gear for the prices I told her I paid someone's gonna get some awesome deals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom