Inquiring minds want to know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moonie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Inquiring minds want to know what was your favorite underwater moment
and your favorite topside moment from the Invasion? :confused:

Underwater: finding a flying gurnard on the shore dive, the last day (Friday), when I even debated getting in the water since my gear was all dry:

Topside was just the chance to see all the Invaders again, and meet new ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Topside was watching the Ms Cozumel contest (Go Ponchita!) and making a ton of new friends.

Since it was my first trip to Cozumel, everything underwater was great but we really enjoyed the Santa Rosa Wall and Paso del Cedral reef dives.

Topside was competing in the Miss Cozumel contest and bring the top honor back to Scubaboard!! (The contest was also won back in 2012 with Mr. Cozumel) Making new friends, and seeing everyone again!!!!

The flying gurnard was cool to, but all the dives I did with team 8 were amazing...... I think the eagle ray at the end of that one dive was the high light for me though.....

what at an amazing week the invasion was!!!!

Underwater: The shark that got up in my grill. I was looking behind me at something. When I turned my head around there was a shark probably within arms rach from my face. Too bad it took me a few seconds to gather my thoughts and snap a photo. He was on his way off by the time I took a pic. This was all I ended up with:
PICT0105.Vivid_zpsimv7fdpb.jpg

Topside is a tougher decision.

Dinner at Margaritaville with the (Chris of the) Abyss family, Bill, Mara, Randy, and Jennifer was a good time.
20150623_195747_zpsytyeuxiz.jpg

Drinking at the air conditioned bar with friends was pretty great too
20150619_215157_zpsji7orzcj.jpg

But I think if I have to pick one favorite it was the waiter who would bring us drinks right in the swimming pool. I think I saw that on an episode of "lifestyles of the rich and famous" one time. It rocked!

Flying gurnard was cool, dont know if you guys got the show i did
WDPhotos_1436401786183.jpg
But all the octopus i saw on the night dive were amazing, had to stop counting how many i saw. And any time i get to make the shark sign, im very happy.

Topside, definitely ms cozumel, all the time in the bars, and taking a certain someone to jail (what a roadtrip!)

For Andora & myself it's hard to say. Shore dives were all fabulous - reminds me of Blue Heron Bridge and the hundreds of small stuff you get to see if you just slow down. Sea Horse was a highlight since that was a first for me diving - just need to find that Frogfish now. Penetrating the C53 was also a new fun experience - even if we did get separated and missed the right turn and down the hold. We caught up with our team on the loop back and eventually found Andora (who was looking for me). Visibility was some of the best I've ever seen which makes everything that much better. 21 dives total including the 5 shore dives of ~2 hrs each. SWEETNESS!!

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0068b.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

Back
Top Bottom