DUI CF200 lifespan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NORTHEAST

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys here's my overall question. If you take care of your dui cf200 crushed neoprene Drysuit what is it average lifespan? Why am I asking this question? I've been hearing guys at my lds talk about "de lamination". When the fabric seperates from the neoprene. Is this true? Has anyone had this happen or know of someone this has happened to just from the age of the suit? I mean I still see guys using very old cf200's on the deep wrecks off nj. As for my Drysuit it's manufacture date is 2003. By looking at my suit it looks like it's in great shape. No fading, no tears, etc. the only things I can say about my suit is there is some fraying on the fabric of the zipper(if anyone knows what I should do about that please chime in) and I had to put some Aqua seal on the corners of my knee pads where they were lifting a little bit from the suit. Please guys if you have any info please share it. I paid a good penny for my suit used 2 years ago and if something catastrophic happenens to my suit I won't be able to afford Nother Drysuit for a while.

I bought two used cf200s for my son and myself eight years ago, we do use them quite a lot wreck diving Great Lakes. The way it looks, the suits will keep diving (with another owner) long after I quit diving cold water :) . Zipper was replaced once and seals get ripped occasionally but the suits themselves don't show any degradation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Northeast -

Great post. I noticed your question on the zipper and fraying. You might find this post helpful Your Waterproof Zipper is the Heart and Soul of Your Drysuit - DUI Online - drysuits

Boy I see DUI CF200's that are well over 20 years old going strong. A dealer use to drag his old CF200 drysuit out by the hood over the cement floor to show people how tough it was. The material is just really tough.

Kathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom