GoPro Hero 4 Silver LCD screen battery time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaNYC16

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thinking of upgrading to 4 silver from my 3 black. I asked goPro about battery time while filming with LCD. They said 3 hours but that does not seem right. Looking for some feedback on this. Thanks!

Never tested it on continous recording but I can tell you that with "Quickcapture" on my Hero4 Silver lasted 2 - 55 minutes dives . But I can tell you that there is no chance for 3 hrs

Just finished a trip involving 24 dives. Shooting hero 4 silver. Each dive was 55 min to 65 min. We were doing 2 consecutive dives with 60 minute surface interval between dives. A fully charged battery lasted for duration of both dives, including surface interval. I usually powered camera off between dives, but sometimes forgot. Never had a loss of battery power.

Great thread! I was wondering the same thing. I just ordered my 4 silver and a pile of goodies for a trip in a couple months. quite excited to use the new toy. I

Back
Top Bottom