BONAIRE: THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY (Trip Report, May 16 - 23)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I completely agree with Scuba127. There is no need to be paranoid. I have personally never had anything stolen from truck or room on Bonaire. Just use the same common sense you would at home. Shorts and t shirt unlikely to disappear, expensive looking sunglasses will.

I'm headed to Bonaire tomorrow, too. Amazon says these are out of stock but I'm interested. Thanks!

I'm headed to Bonaire tomorrow, too. Amazon says these are out of stock but I'm interested. Thanks!

Stop by the Dive Friends Bonaire shop in town they have a variety of cases you can buy to bring stuff with you UW.

DFB has a new retail store by the round-about north of town (the buddy's, capt don area). The other DFB outlets had inventory, but didn't seem as much as the new store.

I'd go for Otterbox. I've had mine to 130' and no leaks. I've heard that the Witz are leak prone (from a dive shop on Bonare - BTW the Otter was cheaper so he wasn't trying to up sell).

I'd go for Otterbox. I've had mine to 130' and no leaks. I've heard that the Witz are leak prone (from a dive shop on Bonare - BTW the Otter was cheaper so he wasn't trying to up sell).

Not to hijack - or slam that shop in this particular instance - but retailers don't care about the price. They care about the MARGIN. Due to differences in pricing strategies by manufacturers, it's not uncommon for a retailer to make more money on a LESS expensive item.

I got a waterproof box at wally world for $5.98 and had it to 138'... No leaks...

Jim....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom