Going from spring straps back to rubber on jet fins, need hardware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robpiat

Registered
Reaction score
I have tried 2xl and 3xl jet fins for my size 15 boots. The 3xl are too big and the 2xl are snug with hard soles but fit better. The 2xls I bought used came with spring straps that are too tight. I think they are 12" or so.

I'd like to try rubber straps if I can't find a 13-14" spring strap but the places I have seen them want a fortune for the hardware. Is it standard stuff? Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI.. back when I used to use jet fins, I would make my own heel straps from two strips of truck inner tube. If you are a DIY person, get a junk innertube (for free) from the truck tire dealer and try it yourself. The straps were more elastic and much better than any scuba rubber strap i ever tired. I emphasize.. you want to make the heel strap with TWO layers of truck inner tube double thickness

I have tried 2xl and 3xl jet fins for my size 15 boots. The 3xl are too big and the 2xl are snug with hard soles but fit better. The 2xls I bought used came with spring straps that are too tight. I think they are 12" or so.

I'd like to try rubber straps if I can't find a 13-14" spring strap but the places I have seen them want a fortune for the hardware. Is it standard stuff? Any recommendations?

I can dig up a bunch, pm me your address.

I have some also if Decompression cannot find his for you.

N

There are a variety of different length springs available over here, not cheap though at about $15 each but let me know if you have no joy and maybe I can help.

---------- Post added July 12th, 2015 at 09:55 PM ----------

What helpful people we are:D

Pretty awesome group!

Pretty awesome group!

Not including myself, yes, there are some great people on this board. I've been helped out of a jam or two. What's more amazing is its from complete strangers. It's nice to know there are some good people in the world.

I've been using bungee straps on my 2XL Jetfins for several years now. They come in any length you want and last several hundred dives.
90400_1.jpg

DSCF2972.jpg

Bungee_strap.jpg

I have use method describe by Max as well. And if non of the above member find their jet rubber strap hardware, PM me as well, I think I have two set laying around

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom