lake erie dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artw

Reaction score
I'll be in hamilton visiting family for Labour Day longweekend and I'd like to hit some eastern Lake Erie wrecks as well as of course the Infamous Tiller.
I dont really want to go past 100 feet. I am stuck in a wetsuit so I dont mind short dives. I just wanna take some pics have fun and see what Lake Erie's all about
I looked at Tom Wilsons and Vladas site on the Lk Erie wrecks but they dont indicate where abouts on the lake they are. I am going to be about a hour drive away from Port Dover I think.
and it would be nice to meet some of you ppl down in that area.
Art

Art,
We are just now setting up some dives for the Long Weekend. The Tiller for sure, and probably some stuff out of Port Colborne or Port Dover, depending on boat availability. If you PM me with an e-mail address, I'll let you know what we will be doing, and you are of course welcome along...

artw:
I'll be in hamilton visiting family for Labour Day longweekend and I'd like to hit some eastern Lake Erie wrecks as well as of course the Infamous Tiller.
I dont really want to go past 100 feet. I am stuck in a wetsuit so I dont mind short dives. I just wanna take some pics have fun and see what Lake Erie's all about
I looked at Tom Wilsons and Vladas site on the Lk Erie wrecks but they dont indicate where abouts on the lake they are. I am going to be about a hour drive away from Port Dover I think.
and it would be nice to meet some of you ppl down in that area.
Art

Hi Art,

Most, if not all Lake Erie deeper wrecks on Tom's site were done from Barselona, NY - on Jim Herbert's boat - Osprey Dive Charters - highly recommend. He does both tech and rec

Long Point Divers goes to the same wrecks, although they mostly do rec stuff, but the boat rides are very long. I will not dive with them again as several of my bookings over the last 2 yrs got cancelled due to boats gettin broken (we were booked for that trip 2 month in advance) or bad weather - they seem to get blown off more than Jim - likely due to longer boat rides.

Some of the extreme east wrecks, like Finnie and Niagara and Benson, can be accessed from Dunville or Port Colburne - last eyar i did several Finnie and Niagara trips with Craig Worknman of Lake Erie Marine Services

I'm in St Catharines... Did the Tiller Last weekend with Pearl Divers Charter, it's 110 ft to the sand - but you can keep to 100 and see plenty, mind you it was a little frosty at 46 degrees.

There's a shop in St Catharines that runs a charter every Sunday - Adventure Scuba - I think Sept 5 they will be doing the Benson 80' and the Tiller 30', obvioulsy rec diving,
their website is www.Adventurescuba.ca or tel: 905.wet.dive

PM me if I can tag along... could be fun with 2 buddies named Chris :eyebrow:

Chris Red:
...Did the Tiller Last weekend...see plenty...
We are talking the same Tiller right? See plenty may be stretching the truth a bit. :wink:

Hi. I have been running trips to the Tiller for the last several weeks. I've got three charters on this sunday to the wreck. I will also be running trips on Lake Erie.I have not booked for the long weekend yet so the boat is available. I can take up to 6 recreational divers or 4 tech divers. You can view photos of the boat at www.soscuba.com. The web site is not "open" yet as its far from done and its designer has been playing around. Youll have to look a little to find the photos. I can be contacted by e-mail at sean@soscub.com or by phone at 1-416-844-6624
Feel free to contact me.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom