Sony Zeiss 24f1.8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum (sorry for my bad english) and I already searched it to solve my question, but had no luck.
Right now I'm using a Sony nex5n in a nauticam housing with the 1855 (Port72) and the 16mm pancake (4.33 dome).
As a marine biology student my budget is limited. But I would love to increase the IQ. So i would love to know if the zeiss 24mm works with the 4.33dome and an extension tube.
Mainly I shoot corals, fish portraits, invertebrates (no macro) and sharks.

Thank you in advance

Mischa

I used this lens when it first came out with an NEX-7 and the four inch semi dome used for lenses like the Olympus 9-18 and the 18-55mm kit lens. With this port the lens sits far back in the port but does not vignette. Nauticam has never announced a port configuration for this lens but I should think the 4.33 dome and a 20mm may work well. As you know this is an excellent lens but has been overlooked as an underwater lens because of its 36mm equivalent on the ASP-C sensor. Great lens for diner plate size fish and much more.

Hi Phil,
thank you for your answer. Sounds good, think I will try that. Thanks again

I use this lens a lot for close ups inside wrecks and caves, etc. I simply use the Zeiss 24mm under the Nauticam 4.33 dome. No extension rings required. Works very well. Will be perfect for your sharks, etc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom