Totally Addicted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having your spouse as a dive buddy is a wonderful thing. For us, we got hooked on diving; then got hooked on dive travel; then got hooked on that perfect spot to just hang. It was another poster that said once "If I could get someone to bring me a sandwich, I would never come up." Good luck, have fun, dive safely. :)

Just move on down to Florida! We've got it all, Gators, Crocs, Mocassins, Rattlers, Copperheads, Rabid Otters, several kinds of shark and yes: mosquitoes!
....and I bet you love to see them all when diving:D

I've been diving for a few years now. And my misses will not put a mask on for any reason at all ever! Closer phobia...bummes me out cuz she likes the water but will not swim anywhere she can't touch bottom. I tried telling her if she puts scuba gear on she can totally touch bottom. But she wouldn't bite lol. For those that have wives or husbands that also dive I envy you all. Enjoy your favorite hobby with the ones you love. I myself will have to settle for shooting sports with the misses she does like to hunt!

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

Congrats! Michigan is a great place to be a diver if you are into wrecks and are drysuit certified. I would strongly recommend getting more advanced training and drysuit certification because you have some awesome diving in your backyard and it makes no sense to miss it.

I've been diving for a few years now. And my misses will not put a mask on for any reason at all ever! Closer phobia...bummes me out cuz she likes the water but will not swim anywhere she can't touch bottom. I tried telling her if she puts scuba gear on she can totally touch bottom. But she wouldn't bite lol. For those that have wives or husbands that also dive I envy you all. Enjoy your favorite hobby with the ones you love. I myself will have to settle for shooting sports with the misses she does like to hunt!

Jbomb, we sound a lot alike. My wife likes to hunt, but I have yet to talk her into trying to dive. She's not a fan of deep water. Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

easy problem to solve. move to Florida! no state income tax, year round diving and some awesome people to dive with!

easy problem to solve. move to Florida! no state income tax, year round diving and some awesome people to dive with!
Looked into that a few months ago actually. Found a few issues with the moving idea. Rent and or property prices are higher then they are here and pay for my line of work was on average 4 to 8 bucks an hr lower. It is however not a dead in the water idea we are still interested in the move south just have to find a good paying job in an affordable area to live. May be more doable next year as she will be done with collage and I will have 2 loans payed off. As for now we are stuck in ny. ...I hate ny between November and april. Spring through fall is ok but winter here is hell. Anyone here ever see 16 feet of snow fall in 4 days ? It's brutal. Then there is the cold, months of Temps below 20.f and often below 0 degree F.

Jbomb, we sound a lot alike. My wife likes to hunt, but I have yet to talk her into trying to dive. She's not a fan of deep water. LolSent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
You lucky guys, my wife likes to shop. To the OP, you're the lucky one. I would love my wife to take an interest in diving

Back
Top Bottom