NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The drama in cave diving makes me think about going back to just being a bike racer. Type A guys with shaved legs, wearing spandex, hoped up on steroids, were easier to get along with. :)

The drama in cave diving makes me think about going back to just being a bike racer. Type A guys with shaved legs, wearing spandex, hoped up on steroids, were easier to get along with. :)

Sounds like pro hockey.

Sounds like pro hockey.

Hey in pro hockey 6 men wear garders, stockings and go out together looking to score, its a manly game

Hey in pro hockey 6 men wear garders, stockings and go out together looking to score, its a manly game

Although I wasn't pro, I shaved my legs and wore spandex. Not so many steroids, didn't need them, I filled the crease naturally.

I can't remember what comedian I heard talking about it, but you know boxing was invented by the LGBTQ community. Two buff, half-naked guys in silk boxers fighting over a belt and a purse. Just think about it.

A reality tv show made about cave divers would be an award winning show. The producers wouldn't even have to
stage drama or story lines, lol! You can't make this stuff up. :)

The producers don't really do anything. The director and production house write the show (day-by-day), storyline, etc. the cave divers aren't "allowed" to be themselves. Therefore, the show gets turned down.

20130208-IMG_0101-XL.jpg

I mean, you wouldn't want to see CockMan being chased around caves and pastures?

Attachments

• 20130208-IMG_0101-L.jpg
    20130208-IMG_0101-L.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 316
I have been asked to explain the procedure for Quality Assurance process of NACD Standards and Procedures. From the NACD Manual here it is:

As per the NACD Standards and Procedures Manual Section 3.3 para 8: Any information received by the NACD that indicates a possible violation of NACD course or ethical standards, will be examined. An investigation will be initiated upon a written, signed complaint. After receipt of a complaint, the NACD will forward a letter to the instructor outlining the general nature of the complaint. Once the instructor is notified, he or she will be expected to respond in writing within fourteen days. If the instructor fails to respond in writing in the allotted time, membership will
be suspended pending the outcome of the inquiry.

The procedure is as follows: An investigation is initiated and the instructor advised of the findings. The instructor shall respond. After receiving the instructor's written response, the NACD will consider all available information relating to the complaint and will apply one of the following courses of action:

a. Dismiss the matter as clarified and not warranting further action. Both the
instructor and the person(s) filing the complaint will be notified in writing.

b. Refer the matter for further investigation to determine if formal proceedings
are warranted.

c. Decide specific action and notify the instructor in writing of such intended
action. The instructor will then have fourteen days to either accept the
intended action or request a formal hearing. Failure to respond in writing in
the allotted time will be taken as acceptance by the instructor of the intended
action.

If the formal hearing date is set, the instructor and the person(s) making the
complaint will be given no less than twelve days advanced written notice by
registered mail. The notice will include the time and place of the hearing to allow
both parties to be present, thus ensuring both parties the opportunity to present
additional information pertinent to the issue. Upon receipt of notification of formal
hearing, both parties will furnish, not later than seven days prior to the date of
hearing, a list of names and addresses of proposed witnesses to the NACD.

Rick, Thank you for sharing that. Perhaps you could also clarify my question as to why there were only 4 BOD members voting on the suspension and who was they were.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom