Flooded on first dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. I actually took the housing alone on another dive just to see. Although not flooded it did get some modest moisture. We returned to Beat Buy and they replaced it.

I will have to check the SD card at some point. Hopefully it should do just fine.

I call shenanigans on gopro housings. To paint you a picture. I have multiple gopros and 2 hero 3 blacks in 197 ft housing were used and both flooded on same exact dive at different depths 2 years apart. I made a post about it a little earlier. First housing flooded at 106 ft. 2nd housing (brand new and shiny) flooded at 96 feet. First trip to Roatan I lost a camera to flooding but when I put a spare gopro into same housing, it lasted for 18 more dives. This trip to Roatan I just came from... same dive... different depth... a while 10ft higher and half the depth rating on a brand new housing... lasted me 18 dives... flooded.. put a spare gopro... lasted me another 3 dives. I think what is happening is that in my case camera housings survive at 70-80ft... but no deeper and when they do survive deeper dives... maybe it is because there were no thermoclines or camera did not heat up enough or whatever. I found it very peculiar to have 2 separate gopros flood on same exact dive 2 years apart with 2 different housings and when same housings were used again at 80ft or shallower... they worked perfectly with me not putting any effort to even check seals. I always keep my cameras in a water tank on boat but true test of the housing is measured at depth. There is no warning... it just happens. In my case water was coming in but bubbles were not going out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom