Scootering hurts my balls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard Bruce Jenner had that problem.

Bob

Nope, Bruce balls did not hurt. They where not being used......... Poor soul

Dont clip the scooter to your balls.....

Good advice. I just wish I didn't have to find out the hard way...

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I'll look into the harness that a few people mentioned and see if I can improve my body position while scootering.

My balls thank you, and that's not something you hear everyday. Cherish this moment.

Why waste your money buying a different harness/etc? Many I know swear by climbing harnesses, etc again if you saw the correct way of how to set these up there is no issue with discomfort. Sure you feel some pressure, but it is not painful unless it is set up completely wrong.

If you still want to try a climbing harness/split crotch harness or whatever the name is for them, instead of wasting the money right away, use an old mountaineering trick and get I think it is a six foot length of rope and create your own harness. Basically you create a loop and wrap it around you. Pull the loop up through the crotch and around both sides of your waist. All three points should meet in the middle and clip it off using a carabiner/quick link. should be only about 10 bucks, give or take, depending on the rope/hardware you have lying around.

For setup instructions look here https://dive-xtras.com/pages/support/cepdfs/manuals/ceownersmanualsupersmall.pdf

I'm with Aaen. Correct your technique before tossing money at it. While it is tempting to take the easy way and buy your way out of your problem in the long run learning how to properly ride a scooter is a better payoff.

You may also want to look at the length of your crotch strap as well. A lot of diver leave this way to loose as well which ends up allowing the scooter to pull at a bit of a different angle. Read that pdf I linked though it will give you an idea of where to start.

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

Last edited:
Simple - cut them off.

That's kind of extreme I just tuck one in either boot to keep them out of the way.

Either that or find colder water to dive in we all know that lump that a diver feels in their throught before a cold water dive is his balls trying of find a warm spot to hide.

In addition to ensuing that the cord is the correct position and that your technique is sound make sure the width of crotch strap is not too narrow

All the ball busting jokes aside how can a 2" single piece crotch strap be as comfortable as a 3 piece? Maybe you guys are running dpvs that are lacking in the thrust department. I ride mine almost daily even if just for a free dive and 2 pieces of webbing distributed over the surface area of your ass cheeks is wayyy better then the wedgie. Even when I was diving dry the 3 point is worlds better. I dont think this is throwing away money to combat bad technique. Its just a better more comfy design. Also though im on the trigger a lot for 2+ hr at a time.

Back
Top Bottom