Shark almost died

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know much about sharks, but I would be very careful when approaching a wounded or distressed animal of any kind (well maybe not a squirrel, though they can bite as well), so I can't really blame them. Obviously they alerted the authorities and in the end it looks like the shark might make it.

Many people don't have the life experience with varied animals to gauge what a given wild animal can do, what its risk level is. That shark was big enough to be hard to handle (they used a boat to drag it to the water) and could rear up considerably. I question whether 2 men could've lifted it, and if anyone tried, it might rear up & grab somebody's head or the like. Plus that rough shark skin is somewhat like sand paper, and it was moving around.

Think of how lately there's been a lot of criticism of people trying to shoot selfie photos with wild animals (e.g.: bison) and some getting hurt, with the message that wild animals can be dangerous. Okay, this was a great white. There are many animals (e.g.: raccoon) that would be quite dangerous at a much smaller size than this shark.

Richard.

GREAT WHITE SHARK BEACHES IN CAPE COD Amazing Footage!!! - YouTube

I'd love to know why all of these people were just standing there with their thumbs up their asses. The shark obviously was in distress and these people are just sitting there watching this poor thing slowly die. Makes me so angry.... *end of rant*

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately you found a video on youtube, and don't seem to know what you are talking about. All those people are standing around while the shark is being rescued. You may not have noticed, but the person in the front of the boat is Greg Skomal. He is an expert on great white sharks.

Also the local paper credited beach goers with saving the shark. They found the shark on the beach and it appeared dead. The harbormaster called in Skomal,who was out tagging sharks. When he got there they were discussing how to autopsy the "dead" shark when it started moving. The harbormaster then borrowed beach pails from the kids on the beach to put water on the shark until the could get it back into the water.

Maybe I am in the wrong, but if I were on that beach I can assure you I wouldn't have just been standing there, I would have gotten that Shark in the water, while also keeping safety in mind.

Says the guy from Arizona....If you saw a bear in a foot trap would you also walk right up and release it?

Says the guy from Arizona....If you saw a bear in a foot trap would you also walk right up and release it?
I'm actually from Florida, just live in arizona. Thanks. And yes I would after I shot it! Lol [emoji106] [emoji199] [emoji379]

Maybe I am in the wrong, but if I were on that beach I can assure you I wouldn't have just been standing there, I would have gotten that Shark in the water, while also keeping safety in mind.

If I was there, I would have dragged the troll into the water too.

Here's what really happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=48&v=0u8KUgUqprw

Cool bro, hate hate hate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom