Sony RX100 II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shortkidd

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have purchased this camera a year or so ago and have an ikelite 6116.11 housing with an AF35 strobe and a w-20 Wide Angle lens.

I had been using an Intova Sport HD camera for awhile and played with it alot.

I am no expert on underwater photography, but from talking with photographers on many boats everyone has differing opinions on how to take the best pictures.

What I have learned over the year is to play with the white balance a lot. Normally as I am descending on a wreck or reef I get the camera settings set and once on the depth I will be at I set the white balance with a dive slate. Normally, I get an error with my Sony though it does set it. I have never been able to set this without getting the error.

In the end the issue that I continually run into is that when I am on auto white balance I can take decent pictures maybe down to 20-25ft on a clear day. Anything more than 25ft or cloudy or dark everything is washed out green. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The pictures are normally clear so I know the focus is working I think it's just more to do with other manual settings.

Also, if you live on Oahu and would have time I would pay for your time if you could spend a few mins helping me out.

Regards,
Vincent
shorty@shorty.net

Just a suggestion, but you might want to try shooting in manual if you're not already, with RAW file type, then use Lightroom to develop the image. Here in Seattle, I'm normally using about f8 and 1/500 or so depending on strobes (normally 1 or 2 YS-D1s) and either macro/ wa.

Back
Top Bottom