Anthony's Key Resort, Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ahoy there !
We are planning on going to Roatan July 25, 2015. Can anybody tell me how the outer reefs are looking these days? We went a few years ago in November but it rained everyday and we could not go out to the outer reefs just alongside of the resort. We are excited as we have never dove those reefs. We have been to Mary's Place, Calvin's Crack, Valley of the Kings etc. But never out there. Any feedback is appreciated.

Scubadude

:crafty:

Ahoy there !
We are planning on going to Roatan July 25, 2015. Can anybody tell me how the outer reefs are looking these days?

Avast (and Howdy Doody!)

They look like reefs, mostly. :rofl3:

When you were last at AKR, the dive sites you list, all South side, tell me that you were weathered-out from diving along the North and West. Good choice on AKR as a West/North dive-op, they have the strength and facility to keep you diving! This might happen in the months of Tropical Storm Season, and on occasion thru February. On July 25, I would bank on dead flat calm seas on the West/North which AKR will take you diving. Understand also the above water geography of Roatan will also put you in the shadow of any wind, make sure you ponied-up for an AC upgrade and bring bug spray.

If you are asking a more cogent question looking for a general difference in the reef structures between what you already dove on the South side, versus what lies beneath the Sea on the North off of AKR and The West? It is different.

Here's a local expert:

Thank you Doc !! Much appreciated. Stoked now !!

Avast (and Howdy Doody!)

They look like reefs, mostly. :rofl3:

When you were last at AKR, the dive sites you list, all South side, tell me that you were weathered-out from diving along the North and West. Good choice on AKR as a West/North dive-op, they have the strength and facility to keep you diving! This might happen in the months of Tropical Storm Season, and on occasion thru February. On July 25, I would bank on dead flat calm seas on the West/North which AKR will take you diving. Understand also the above water geography of Roatan will also put you in the shadow of any wind, make sure you ponied-up for an AC upgrade and bring bug spray.

If you are asking a more cogent question looking for a general difference in the reef structures between what you already dove on the South side, versus what lies beneath the Sea on the North off of AKR and The West? It is different.

Here's a local expert:

How long are you staying? We'll be there August 8th. Looking forward to it, for sure.

We will be at Turquois Bay the 8th - 16th

Hey ScubaDude... Give back time, post a trip report!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom