Mares Californian Speargun help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great Gun and should be able to be rebuilt. Try spearfishingworld.com
-Bill

Up and back should be full power. It should be an easy task to fix the leak. If it's just a trickle, you might just leave it alone. If I recall, the most difficult o-rings to find - unless you can get a proper rebuild kit - are those for the main tube, where fit is least forgiving for reassembly. I'm guessing the o-ring that seals the power lever is the problem. Since the gun doesn't leak in full power mode, when all chambers are interconnected, I don't see how some other o-ring could be the problem. It must just be the lever position that's causing the leak. That (or those) o-ring is small and should be easy to find or substitute.

I've rebuilt several of this style of gun and found it pretty straightforward, just pay attention to where everything sits while disassembling. Maybe take pics or a video for a reminder. I only found the reassembly of the nose cone and handle unit into the main tube to be occasionally problematic, when trying to use alternative o-rings for the main tube that weren't quite the right fit.

Spearfishingworld is the place to try. Kits come up on eBay as well, and scubastore.com has some parts and is usually a good source for shafts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom